CD-ROM device drivers damaged

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I do not see in Windows Explorer either the CD-ROM drive or the CD-RW. When
I look in the Device Manager I see the following message for each of the
two:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

How can I solve this short of reinstalling Windows?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

David

See the following KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060&Product=winxp

Cari