Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ati hd7750

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 5:06:05 PM

Describe the lag and settings you're using. Check frames per second and GPU usage during said LAG with MSI afterburner: http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/overview.htm

More about : ati hd7750

August 16, 2012 5:06:12 PM

i have recently inastalled a ati hd7750 in my system. but i still get lag in games such as "COD BLACK OPS" and "ASSASSINS CREED BROTHERHOOD".KINDLY SUGGEST ME THE NECESSARY UPGRADES. MY SYSTEM SPECS ARE-
umax 450w psu
cpu-amd phenom x2 555 @3.2gh
2gb ddr3 ram
asus M4A88TM motherboard...
m
l
August 16, 2012 5:24:12 PM

The Ram i guess ,

if your using windows 7 , than please note windows 7 takes 600~800 mb of ram space , so i am guessing what is happening on your pc , when you open intensive application just like games and not enough physical ram , your operating system will rely on paging file system , which basically turns your slow internal hard drive to RAM space , thus creating this lag , or bottleneck , please purchase another 2gb of ddr3 ram and install it , make sure to purchase ram slot as exact or close with the already ram slot you have , and i reckon you will see as world of difference .

m
l
Related resources
August 16, 2012 5:56:54 PM

emad_ramlawi said:
The Ram i guess ,

if your using windows 7 , than please note windows 7 takes 600~800 mb of ram space , so i am guessing what is happening on your pc , when you open intensive application just like games and not enough physical ram , your operating system will rely on paging file system , which basically turns your slow internal hard drive to RAM space , thus creating this lag , or bottleneck , please purchase another 2gb of ddr3 ram and install it , make sure to purchase ram slot as exact or close with the already ram slot you have , and i reckon you will see as world of difference .

is my cpu and psu fine?
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 6:09:39 PM

If you want opinions, sure, people will always find what's wrong and what's upgradeable. But if you really want to find out the root of the issue, follow my advice. And I doubt it's lack of VRAM, especially in AC.
m
l
August 16, 2012 6:16:54 PM

Sunius said:
If you want opinions, sure, people will always find what's wrong and what's upgradeable. But if you really want to find out the root of the issue, follow my advice. And I doubt it's lack of VRAM, especially in AC.

in AC i face stuttering every 2to3 seconds. evrythng set to medium and low. vsync off,mutisampling off, resolutio 1360*768..
i was playing race driver grid and faced a freeze after every 5 to 6 sec. freezes for half a second.
m
l
August 16, 2012 6:34:04 PM

Sunius said:
Describe the lag and settings you're using. Check frames per second and GPU usage during said LAG with MSI afterburner: http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/overview.htm

i hav a his brand card. will the above mentioned msi tool work for my card?
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 6:36:07 PM

Yes it will.
m
l
August 17, 2012 1:33:08 AM

Sunius said:
Yes it will.

i uninstalled AC so i i hav to install it again. i'l give u the results after some time.
meanwhile, i just want u to know that the "windows experience index" gave these ratings -
PROCESSOR-6.5
RAM-5.5
GRAPHICS-7.4
GAMING GRAPHICS-7.4
PRIMARY HARD DISK-5.9
[NOTE: was able to play AC earlier with my onboard graphics card i.e hd4250 (256mb),everythng set to minimum, had no stuttering or lag] i didn't had any eternal graphics card at that time!

m
l
August 17, 2012 4:28:16 AM

emad_ramlawi said:
The Ram i guess ,

i'm using win7 ultimate 32bit, i used my 8gb pen drive as ready boost and then there was no stuttering in assassins creed brotherhood,but there is still a very little lag.
m
l
August 17, 2012 4:31:20 AM

Sunius said:
Yes it will.

i installed the tool but i don't know how can i know fps while playing?
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 17, 2012 10:06:32 AM

Go to settings -> monitoring tab -> select GPU usage, clock, temperature and fps and in them all select "Show in On-Screen Display". It will appear in top left corner when you play.
m
l
August 17, 2012 4:34:08 PM

Sunius said:
Go to settings -> monitoring tab -> select GPU usage, clock, temperature and fps and in them all select "Show in On-Screen Display". It will appear in top left corner when you play.

i'm getng 35-44 fps at these settings:>
resolution-1360*768
multisampling and vsync-off
envirnmnt quality-2
texture -2
shadow-2
reflection-medium
character-2
post effects-off
and note there is no stuttering after i reinsatlled AC BROTHERHOOD.
latest msi afterburner not working. now using version 210,still not working (gives failed to load rtcore32.sys driver!) error.
msi on screen display server gave the above result.not able to get GPU TEMP.
LAG IS IN THE FORM OF FREEZE FOR HALF SECOND CONTINUOUSLY.
PLEASE HELP!

m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 17, 2012 4:57:15 PM

What about GPU usage during lag?
m
l
August 17, 2012 5:34:43 PM

Sunius said:
What about GPU usage during lag?

DO NOT KNOW AS MSI AFTERBURNER IS NOT WORKING.
*VERY IMPORTANT*-i use an asus EPU tool to switch b/t three modes (max power saving,max performance,automatic).
i noticed that in max performance mode AC is playable at 50+ fps for about 5 to 10 min without lag. after that the cpu temp reaches 98degree and the game starts lagging, also fps drops to 35-45 (this is with every game). BUT, in power saving mode AC was playable at 18 to 3O fps without lag [cpu temp remained <70 degree].
i hav also installed two cabinet fans along with the graphic card.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 17, 2012 9:59:18 PM

Oh damn it's overheating. Could you take some pictures of inside your case?
m
l
August 18, 2012 3:49:19 AM

Sunius said:
Oh damn it's overheating. Could you take some pictures of inside your case?

how to upload pics in this site?
m
l
August 18, 2012 5:35:36 AM

"i don't know how to upload pics this site".
the cpu fan is working fine.i built my sytem in july2010.
Should i apply thermal paste and how to decide that my cpu needs it?
is cpu overheating behind the lag and poor fps? i use asus pc probe to monitor cpu temp.
cpu Overheated even before the graphic card upgrade. what shall i do?
i'm having nightmares.

kindly help me!
m
l

Best solution

a c 291 U Graphics card
August 18, 2012 9:39:13 AM

You can upload them using www.imageshack.us picture host. Make sure to select 'do not resize' option!

Also, so it's the CPU overheating, not the GPU? And yes, due to CPU overheating your PC is forced to reduce its speed to save itself from burning and starting a fire. That's what causes the lag.

Was it happening from day 1 you had this system?

And yes, cleaning old thermal paste using isopropyl alcohol and applying new one should help. If it doesn't help, you'll need to get another CPU cooler. They cost $20-30.
August 18, 2012 9:58:39 AM

Sunius said:
You can upload them using www.imageshack.us picture host. Make sure to select 'do not resize' option!

Also, so it's the CPU overheating, not the GPU? And yes, due to CPU overheating your PC is forced to reduce its speed to save itself from burning and starting a fire. That's what causes the lag.

Was it happening from day 1 you had this system?

And yes, cleaning old thermal paste using isopropyl alcohol and applying new one should help. If it doesn't help, you'll need to get another CPU cooler. They cost $20-30.

yes, i faced this problem since day1 i had this system.what is the cost of thermal paste?

this is the link to the pic of my cabinet---
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3471/pc1w.jpg
m
l
August 18, 2012 4:06:13 PM

Sunius said:
Thermal paste costs little. These ones are THE best on the market today:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Though no wonder it goes overheating. Haven't you noticed the amount of dust in there?!?!? Clean up man!

can i use a blower for cleaning? i also contacted the person who assembled my pc and got the same advice.
i'l get back to u with the results tomorrow.

thank you so much!!!
APPRECIATE IT MAN : )
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 18, 2012 5:40:32 PM

Yes you can but remove the fan first. Blowing at fans may break them.
m
l
August 19, 2012 7:51:35 AM

Sunius said:
Yes you can but remove the fan first. Blowing at fans may break them.

so i hav cleaned the heatsink, cpu fan only for now. i'l clean the rest of cabinet after some time.
now the cpu temp. is <48 degree celsius (at no load) and <60 degree celsius (at full load eg.gaming), THRESHOLD TEMP IS 77 DEGREE CELSIUS

NO LAG NOTICED WHILE PLAYING AC, RACE DRIVER GRID. is these readings OK?
should i apply thermal paste?
shall i go for a ram upgrade of 2gb ddr3 ?
what do u say?

U SAVED MY DAY!
THANKS A LOT!!!!!1 :bounce: 
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 9:10:23 AM

Yea, anything below 70°C for the CPU is okay. BTW, what do you mean by threshold temp?
m
l
August 19, 2012 11:04:21 AM

Sunius said:
Yea, anything below 70°C for the CPU is okay. BTW, what do you mean by threshold temp?

threshold temp means the maximum temperature which is considered safe for cpu. it was given in my asus pc probe and it used to warn by an alarm whenever cpu temp crossed 77 deg C . BUT now AC is playable at 65+ fps at max settings and CPU temp is around 58 deg C (max).

BTW, should i go for a 2gb or 4gb (ddr3) ram upgrade { currently having 2gb ddr3}? please answer this last question!
IF u were not there i would hav replaced my cpu :whistle: 

THANKS AGAIN!!! :bounce: 
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 11:35:08 AM

Remember to always keep your PC clean! :) 

I'd say 4 GB more might come in handy in games like Battlefield 3.
m
l
August 19, 2012 12:19:50 PM

Best answer selected by jatinda.
m
l
!