Your question
Solved

Trinity or intel laptop?? HELP!

Last response: in Systems

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b å Intel
October 8, 2012 7:24:26 AM

Depends, what are you going to do on this laptop?

If its intensive activities, like video editing, number crunching. The i7 laptop will be better.
For gaming, The A10 APU's on-board graphics are far superior to the i7's, so its better.

Though thats just based on the CPU/APU, there might be another factor like a bigger HDD that could sway you one way or the other.
a b D Laptop
October 8, 2012 7:27:06 AM

Entirely depends on what you're doing with it. If you want to game, go with the Trinity.
If you're looking for just a cheapo computer, go with the intel.

The poster is lying out of their ass, though - it's not at all good for gaming, and it's not an 8-core cpu like the desktop i7s are - it's a quad core: two physical cores and two hyperthreaded.
m
l
Related resources
October 8, 2012 7:29:43 AM

Best answer selected by fritolay77.
m
l
October 8, 2012 7:29:50 AM

Ok, i want to game, and it looks like i can maybe play AC3 on medium settings. is 40 FPS good?
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b å Intel
October 8, 2012 7:30:47 AM

Some laptop i7's are dual cores with Hyperthreading, but this particular one is a proper quad with Hyperthreading.
http://ark.intel.com/products/50067/Intel-Core-i7-2720Q...

And no, the i7 isnt good for gaming. Its got a HD3000 iGPU, which is fairly weak even by integrated graphics standards.
m
l
October 8, 2012 7:47:41 AM

i see... hm... i have a lot of Homework to do apparently. i understand AMD desktops and all but laptops are a whole new field for me.

This is what i have been using
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1314&ga...

I can insert my values and see how it will run. They dont have the infinity chips in their list though so it makes it complicated
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b å Intel
October 8, 2012 7:56:22 AM

The minimum CPU requirement is a Core2 Duo or an Athlon, both are very old dual cores. It'l be fine.

m
l
!