Mini ITX photoshop cs5 build

Looks good.

I just installed the same ASRock B75M-ITX motherboard. No problems with a i3-3225.
I installed it in a lian li Q07 case which is tiny. 8.19" x 7.60" x 11.02" vs. 9.4" x 8.2" x 15.8" for the cm case.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112227

I understand that photoshop can use lots of ram to avoid workfile I/O.
A 16gb kit of 2 x 8gb is not much more expensive.

I think I would pay just a bit more, and buy the Intel 330 120gb SSD. Reviewers seem to be happier. Newegg negative feedback is 4% for 0/1/2 eggs.
Crucial M4 is 12% negative.

nacos

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012

That's actually a nice case. The description is kind of fuzzy though, can it fit a 3.5" hdd AND a 2.5" ssd at the same time?
I was actually planning on swapping the ssd out for one of the new Plextor M5P 128gb or maybe waiting for the Samsung 840s.

Honestly this is the case that I really want, but it's just so damn expensive!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112348

Yes, I have both a Q07 and a Q08 case.

The Q07 fits a ssd which is attached to the bottom of the case via the usual 4 bolts.
The 3.5" hard drive has a space in a small rack on top of it. I have had both installed at the same time with no problem.
Because of the small size, I used a old Antec 430w psu which had the advantage of being modular.

The PC-TU200B is really a portable version of the Q08. It will hold a full length graphics card if you want, or a number of hard drives. I am planning on using it for my next main system primarily because I have limited desktop depth available.

Lian li offers both the Q07 and Q08 in red which is a stunning color. See one in person if you can.

On the SSD's, the performance among the current models is surprisingly similar. Benchmarks are needed to detect differences, but the benchmarks are done with high queue lengths like 30 while we operate only one or two at a time.
Better to spend extra on a larger ssd for performance. It will have more nand chips that it can access in parallel. As a ssd fills up, it will slow down.