Dual Displays

gregjkm

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
I have two displays that both very well look nice in windows 7, but the main problem i have is for gaming. I cant figure out how to turn off either of the displays. All up to date drivers ATI Radeon 4870 GPU. The normal display properties don't have an option for disabling a display, ATI Catalyst Control Center also does not have an option for me to do this.

Solution
Right click on the desktop and click on the screen resolution option. Then select either monitor and go to the Multiple Displays pull-down. Simply select "Show desktop only on 1". Make sure you identify the monitors first so you disable the correct monitor. This should do what you are asking. For some reason the new CCC for Win 7 doesn't have the option to disable it within itself. Let me know if you wanted to do something else...

gregjkm

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
Most games do not work well with dual displays, and it allows me to crank up the settings to max for most every game. I just want to be able to turn off the second display at will.

Oakley707

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Right click on the desktop and click on the screen resolution option. Then select either monitor and go to the Multiple Displays pull-down. Simply select "Show desktop only on 1". Make sure you identify the monitors first so you disable the correct monitor. This should do what you are asking. For some reason the new CCC for Win 7 doesn't have the option to disable it within itself. Let me know if you wanted to do something else...

Solution

<shrug> Dual Monitors work perfectly well on my comp, at all settings, with all my games...

But yah - What Oakley said..