Sign in with
Your question

W8 bootmgr corrupt

Last response: in Windows 8
March 27, 2012 4:51:21 AM

That's what it says when I try to install the W8 Consumer Preview from the disk I burned. I've burned two separate disks with the same result. I opened the "bootmgr" file using notepad and there actually is some text saying "bootmgr corrupt". What now?

More about : bootmgr corrupt

a b * Windows 8
March 27, 2012 2:30:14 PM

Hello ram1009;

Your download was probably corrupted. Did you run a hash check to insure download file integrity?

If you look on the download page you see it has a Sha 1 hash / checksum number.
You can use that to check that the file finished download correctly.

I use a program called MD5 & SHA-1 Checksum Utility

You can run that to check your download .iso file and it should match the hash number for your download version.

m
l
March 27, 2012 3:11:59 PM

WR2 said:
Hello ram1009;

Your download was probably corrupted. Did you run a hash check to insure download file integrity?

If you look on the download page you see it has a Sha 1 hash / checksum number.
You can use that to check that the file finished download correctly.

I use a program called MD5 & SHA-1 Checksum Utility

You can run that to check your download .iso file and it should match the hash number for your download version.

I will do as you suggest when time allows, however I did download the program two separate times with the same result on different computers.
m
l
Related resources
a b * Windows 8
March 27, 2012 3:33:37 PM

Check your downloads and see if the Checkum is correct.
m
l
March 27, 2012 3:43:53 PM

The bootmgr file will have various messages in it, but that doesn't mean that the file is corrupt. It usually doesn't do much good to open the bootmgr file with notepad. The suggestion above about verifying the checksum of the download.
m
l
!