[HELP] Case Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

akarusakage

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Ok so I'm putting together a custom build and i need to know what case would work best for the components ill be filling it with, Also do i need Full tower or can i use a mid tower still??? i only ask because the 680 is like the lexington steele of VGC's

Motherboard - ASUS Sabertooth X79 2011
Graphics Card - GTX680 4096GB
Power Supply - 1000W 140mm Fan ATX Power Supply by KENTEK (is that good enough/compatible)
Water Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i (Should i get a lesser model? I hear this is the best closed loop cooler but idk if its necessary...)

Im looking for a Black Case with a window and usb 3.0 ports (2 or more) around $100 but im willing to consider items high as $240 if its really worth it.

akarusakage

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011

1 of your suggestions was a mid tower casse, so these components will fit into a mid tower without me having to remove pieces?

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
(previous post deleted by moderator)

Ok. How about you leave now? People are trying to help you and you are basing assumptions on very little actual knowledge and then using those assumptions to attack others. Cyber-bullying isn't cool bro.

On a side note, a high quality modern PSU will automatically detect differences in voltage coming in and adjust the output based on that. Also I am not certain but I believe a 1kw PSU is overkill if you are going to run a single GPU.

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Yeah, here, have a good case. Obsidian 650D. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139006

Also.. that motherboard.. Do you have the kind of cash it takes to buy an LGA2011 CPU? The top end on that line, the i7 3970x, costs right at $1k, and the lowest CPU on that socket that I would actually use is the i7 3930k at $570. Personally in your price range I would get an Asus Maximus V Formula motherboard, $270 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131854 and an i7 3770k for $330 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116501

The LGA 2011 socket is overkill for gaming, to the point that it is no more efficient in games than the 3770k, where its extra power comes into play is productivity, video editing, compression and the like.

4745454b

Titan
Not here to pad my post count. Been here long enough I don't need to worry about that. It saw a genuine problem with the build, no body said anything about it. Not to mention you did ask if it was good.

I did forget to leave a case idea, sorry. I really like the look of the Corsair 400/500r. They don't have windows though. Antec 900 should work but you'll probably have issues with hdds and GPU. Just space it right and you should be ok. HAF932 is a good case, but probably not what you had in mind when you said window.

logainofhades

Titan
That wasn't a post just to add to their totals. No quality PSU maker uses those switches anymore. It is a PSU of horrible quality. If you want to hook a crap $65 power supply to all that expensive hardware, be my guest. Just don't come whining when it goes up in smoke.

logainofhades

Titan

The 932 advance I linked has a window. :)

logainofhades

Titan
There is a window up top and screen mesh below it.

RC-932-KKN5-GP-R-gal.jpg

4745454b

Titan
Idk, still doesn't look like much of a window to me. If it works for the OP then go for it as its a fine case. As I said I would get the Corsair 400/500r but those don't have a window as far as I know.

Dia, who said he was american? And with a mod in the thread now you are going to throw a personal insult? Interesting...

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

I will PM you a pic of what was just deleted before you replied. Draw your conclusions about me after you see what I was replying to. This thread might as well be dead now. I am pretty sure the OP is banned a second time.

If I offended in any way I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.