Full reset / wipe of 6230

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
October 25, 2004 5:59:55 PM

Hi, I recently bought a second hand nokia 6230 and have already used
fbus by maestro to factory reset the lovely little thing. However The
phone still shows the 'Vodaphone' (uk operator) logo when switching off
and also there is a smaller logo to the bottom right of the screen above
the buttons, I just cant find out how to remove them.

Can I remove these myself? Would it need a firmware change by a service
center?

More about : full reset wipe 6230

October 25, 2004 6:38:46 PM

Neil wrote:
> Hi, I recently bought a second hand nokia 6230 and have already used
> fbus by maestro to factory reset the lovely little thing. However The
> phone still shows the 'Vodaphone' (uk operator) logo when switching off
> and also there is a smaller logo to the bottom right of the screen above
> the buttons, I just cant find out how to remove them.
>
> Can I remove these myself? Would it need a firmware change by a service
> center?

Just to update, I spoke to my local service center and they advised me
its against nokia policy to change the software from one network
provider to another on a nokia phone. So is there any way I or someone
else can restore full original functionality to this phone and get rid
of the custom Vodafone software?

thanks
October 25, 2004 7:29:18 PM

"Neil" <zerospam_NOSPAM_@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I recently bought a second hand nokia 6230 and have already used
> fbus by maestro to factory reset the lovely little thing. However The
> phone still shows the 'Vodaphone' (uk operator) logo when switching off
> and also there is a smaller logo to the bottom right of the screen above
> the buttons, I just cant find out how to remove them.
>
> Can I remove these myself? Would it need a firmware change by a service
> center?

As for the logo bottom right, Settings, Personal Shortcuts, Right Key
Selection should allow you to remove that by replacing it with something
else.

As for the turn off problem, just don't turn it off.

Si.
Related resources
October 25, 2004 7:29:19 PM

Simon wrote:
> "Neil" <zerospam_NOSPAM_@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hi, I recently bought a second hand nokia 6230 and have already used
>>fbus by maestro to factory reset the lovely little thing. However The
>>phone still shows the 'Vodaphone' (uk operator) logo when switching off
>>and also there is a smaller logo to the bottom right of the screen above
>>the buttons, I just cant find out how to remove them.
>>
>>Can I remove these myself? Would it need a firmware change by a service
>>center?
>

> As for the logo bottom right, Settings, Personal Shortcuts, Right Key
> Selection should allow you to remove that by replacing it with something
> else.
>
> As for the turn off problem, just don't turn it off.
>
> Si.

Just saw your reply now - Sadly when I click on this in the menu it
seems to crash the phone :/
October 25, 2004 8:13:53 PM

> Simon wrote:
> > "Neil" <zerospam_NOSPAM_@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Hi, I recently bought a second hand nokia 6230 and have already used
> >>fbus by maestro to factory reset the lovely little thing. However The
> >>phone still shows the 'Vodaphone' (uk operator) logo when switching off
> >>and also there is a smaller logo to the bottom right of the screen above
> >>the buttons, I just cant find out how to remove them.
> >>
> >>Can I remove these myself? Would it need a firmware change by a service
> >>center?
> >

> > As for the logo bottom right, Settings, Personal Shortcuts, Right Key
> > Selection should allow you to remove that by replacing it with something
> > else.
> >
> > As for the turn off problem, just don't turn it off.
> >
> > Si.
> >

> Just saw your reply now - Sadly when I click on this in the menu it
> seems to crash the phone :/

That's Voda for you. Changed my Orange model to switch on IR with that
button.

Si.
!