Full reset / wipe of 6230

Hi, I recently bought a second hand nokia 6230 and have already used
fbus by maestro to factory reset the lovely little thing. However The
phone still shows the 'Vodaphone' (uk operator) logo when switching off
and also there is a smaller logo to the bottom right of the screen above
the buttons, I just cant find out how to remove them.

Can I remove these myself? Would it need a firmware change by a service
center?
4 answers Last reply
More about full reset wipe 6230

    Neil wrote:
    > Hi, I recently bought a second hand nokia 6230 and have already used
    > fbus by maestro to factory reset the lovely little thing. However The
    > phone still shows the 'Vodaphone' (uk operator) logo when switching off
    > and also there is a smaller logo to the bottom right of the screen above
    > the buttons, I just cant find out how to remove them.
    >
    > Can I remove these myself? Would it need a firmware change by a service
    > center?

    Just to update, I spoke to my local service center and they advised me
    its against nokia policy to change the software from one network
    provider to another on a nokia phone. So is there any way I or someone
    else can restore full original functionality to this phone and get rid
    of the custom Vodafone software?

    thanks

    "Neil" <zerospam_NOSPAM_@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I recently bought a second hand nokia 6230 and have already used
    > fbus by maestro to factory reset the lovely little thing. However The
    > phone still shows the 'Vodaphone' (uk operator) logo when switching off
    > and also there is a smaller logo to the bottom right of the screen above
    > the buttons, I just cant find out how to remove them.
    >
    > Can I remove these myself? Would it need a firmware change by a service
    > center?

    As for the logo bottom right, Settings, Personal Shortcuts, Right Key
    Selection should allow you to remove that by replacing it with something
    else.

    As for the turn off problem, just don't turn it off.

    Si.

    Simon wrote:
    > "Neil" <zerospam_NOSPAM_@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi, I recently bought a second hand nokia 6230 and have already used
    >>fbus by maestro to factory reset the lovely little thing. However The
    >>phone still shows the 'Vodaphone' (uk operator) logo when switching off
    >>and also there is a smaller logo to the bottom right of the screen above
    >>the buttons, I just cant find out how to remove them.
    >>
    >>Can I remove these myself? Would it need a firmware change by a service
    >>center?
    >

    > As for the logo bottom right, Settings, Personal Shortcuts, Right Key
    > Selection should allow you to remove that by replacing it with something
    > else.
    >
    > As for the turn off problem, just don't turn it off.
    >
    > Si.

    Just saw your reply now - Sadly when I click on this in the menu it
    seems to crash the phone :/

    > Simon wrote:
    > > "Neil" <zerospam_NOSPAM_@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Hi, I recently bought a second hand nokia 6230 and have already used
    > >>fbus by maestro to factory reset the lovely little thing. However The
    > >>phone still shows the 'Vodaphone' (uk operator) logo when switching off
    > >>and also there is a smaller logo to the bottom right of the screen above
    > >>the buttons, I just cant find out how to remove them.
    > >>
    > >>Can I remove these myself? Would it need a firmware change by a service
    > >>center?
    > >

    > > As for the logo bottom right, Settings, Personal Shortcuts, Right Key
    > > Selection should allow you to remove that by replacing it with something
    > > else.
    > >
    > > As for the turn off problem, just don't turn it off.
    > >
    > > Si.
    > >

    > Just saw your reply now - Sadly when I click on this in the menu it
    > seems to crash the phone :/

    That's Voda for you. Changed my Orange model to switch on IR with that
    button.

    Si.

Nokia