FX 8350 - getting too hot?

Hello,
Hello,
I recently bought a FX 8350, I used to run it with the boxed cooler. Now I exchanged the cooler and for the first time looked at the temperatures.

My FX 8350 with an Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.A goes up to 62,5°C in Prime95. It's the highest it goes, this runs at stock speed.

At complete idle it's 35°C, while surfing etc. it's around 39-40°C.

I already reapplied the thermal paste.
Are those temperatures just normal with that CPU, even with that cooler?
5 answers Last reply
More about 8350
  1. your temps look fine. my cpu idles at 32c and loads at 79c (with 4.8 overclock) using h100
  2. alvine said:
    your temps look fine. my cpu idles at 32c and loads at 79c (with 4.8 overclock) using h100

Thanks for the fast answer!

Would it be worth it getting a H100, just for stock (maybe a little overclock), or would that be a waste of money?
  3. water coolers give you lower load temps so they really benefit you if you like to overclock
    if you want to do a mild overclock air coolers will do fine and they are a little cheaper as h100 is $100 and you can get a nice air cooler for $50
  4. alvine said:
    water coolers give you lower load temps so they really benefit you if you like to overclock
    if you want to do a mild overclock air coolers will do fine and they are a little cheaper as h100 is $100 and you can get a nice air cooler for $50

I'm already using a Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.A as cooler. :p

But thanks for your help! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Thermal Compound Thermalright