Driver Problem

My computer shows up with a error saying that I need to
fix some driver. I have recieced 2 message:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
and
BAD_POOL_CALLER
I have no idea which driver I need to fix to update.
Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about driver problem

    Hello
    You do not have a missing driver, you have a bad Memory chip or a mis
    matched one, make sure you have the correct speed and size installed.
    Windows XP is very RAM friendly, but at the same time it is also very picky.

    Be sure to visit MS Windows Update site and download the updates, this is
    for your security and safety, also will save a bunch of headaches.
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

    --
    Hope This Helps
    Haus

    I went to the Microsoft updates, but there was nothing to
    install. What should I do?

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    As Haus said, you may need to check your memory sticks to see if one is bad.
    There are several utilities for this, here's one:
    http://www.simmtester.com/PAGE/products/doc/docinfo.asp

    If your memory checks out, you are going to need to do some work to try to
    source this issue, see below:
    First, be sure your antivirus software has the latest definitions and run a
    virus scan.

    Second, download, install and run Ad Aware:
    www.lavasoftusa.com
    Note: you should always be well backed up before running an application of
    this type.

    If your system is clear of viruses, open Control Panel, open System, go to
    the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery, remove the
    check from "Automatically Restart" under System Failure. This will cause
    the system to blue screen instead of restarting on errors and the
    information on the blue screen may give a clue as to the source of the
    issue.

    Open Control Panel, open Administrative Tools, open Event Viewer, look for
    errors corresponding to the crash, double click the error, the information
    contained within may give a clue as to the
    source of the problem. If you don't understand the information inside, the
    third button down in that dialog box will copy the information,
    you can then paste it into a message and post it here and maybe we can
    figure out what is going on.

    Assuming you have an XP CD and not a recovery CD, place the XP CD in the
    drive, when the setup screen appears, select "Check System Compatibility,"
    the report it generates may point to problem hardware or software on your
    system. If you do not have an XP CD, you can download this application
    known as the Upgrade Advisor from the following site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp
    Note: If you have access to a broadband connection it might be best to
    download using that as this is a rather large download.

    Check for the latest drivers for your hardware, especially your graphics
    card and soundcard and all peripherals connected to your system. Do not use
    Windows Update for this, go to the device manufacturer's web sites and if
    you install updated drivers, ignore the message about drivers being unsigned
    by Microsoft. *Before installing any drivers, be sure you are well backed
    up and it's probably a good idea to manually create a restore point in
    System Restore in case you have problems as a result of the driver update
    and note, System Restore is not a substitute for a backup. Start\All
    Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    >I went to the Microsoft updates, but there was nothing to
    > install. What should I do?

Drivers Computers Device Driver Microsoft Windows XP