6610i/6230

I absolutely hate the clock kicking in on this 6610i after the maximum of 60
minutes and hopping about the display. Is there any way to kill the damn
thing? And I mean the screensaver, not the phone ;)

Secondly I find the sound quality of the loudspeaker and the normal earpiece
in voice conversations to be less than great - it's a bit hissy and not that
loud (Even at full volume). Is this normal? When I receive a message I can
hear a definite hiss while the phone beeps.

Lastly, the 6230 - is the screensaver disableable on that? Is the sound
quality better (If it's not a fault my 6610i alone)?

Cheers.

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:39:39 +0100, "Danny"
    <notmyemailaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I absolutely hate the clock kicking in on this 6610i after the maximum of 60
    >minutes and hopping about the display. Is there any way to kill the damn
    >thing? And I mean the screensaver, not the phone ;)

    its a battery saving feature, without it your battery wouldn't last
    long!

    eggster2k wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:39:39 +0100, "Danny"
    > <notmyemailaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I absolutely hate the clock kicking in on this 6610i after the
    >> maximum of 60 minutes and hopping about the display. Is there any
    >> way to kill the damn thing? And I mean the screensaver, not the
    >> phone ;)
    >
    > its a battery saving feature, without it your battery wouldn't last
    > long!

    It survived ok on my older 3310 ;)
    I have to ask though why is generating a screen saver,which requires
    rendering, a battery power saver? I'd have thought activity would actually
    drain the battery?

    --

    Danny wrote:

    >>its a battery saving feature, without it your battery wouldn't last
    >>long!

    > It survived ok on my older 3310 ;)

    The 3310 didn't have a color screen.

    > I have to ask though why is generating a screen saver,which requires
    > rendering, a battery power saver? I'd have thought activity would actually
    > drain the battery?

    Because it deactivates most of the color screen. Rendering an image on it
    consumes quite a lot of power.

    --
    ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
    johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html

    Johan Wevers wrote:
    > Danny wrote:
    >
    >>> its a battery saving feature, without it your battery wouldn't last
    >>> long!
    >
    >> It survived ok on my older 3310 ;)
    >
    > The 3310 didn't have a color screen.
    >
    >> I have to ask though why is generating a screen saver,which requires
    >> rendering, a battery power saver? I'd have thought activity would
    >> actually drain the battery?
    >
    > Because it deactivates most of the color screen. Rendering an image
    > on it consumes quite a lot of power.

    Fair point.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Nokia Screensaver