HDMI port randomly stopped working, but DVI still works fine

I recently rearranged my room a bit, including moving my pc to a new location. After moving, I went to turn everything on, and I got "No Signal" on my monitor.

I found a DVI to HDMI cord and used that instead, and that works fine. But when I try to connect HDMI to HDMI, it doesn't work.

I double checked to make sure the graphics card didn't come loose, and it was fine. No idea what the problem could be.

To complicate matters, I also recently updated the driver on my graphics card as well, so that could also be a possibility of what's causing it. However, I did download the previous driver just to be sure, and it didn't fix it.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing the HDMI to HDMI to stop working??

I have an Radeon HD 5670 graphics card that's 11 months old, a Dell Inspiron 560 pc that's about 2 years old, and an LCD Insignia brand tv that I use as a monitor.
3 answers Last reply
More about hdmi port randomly stopped working works fine
  1. This might sound stupid, but is your monitor on the right setting for HDMI? If it is showing up on DVI you must not have it on HDMI mode.
  2. I figured it out - the cord was plugged into the PC's HDMI slot instead of the graphics card one. Derp!
  3. Bonus points for being honest
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards DVI HDMI Components