Sign in with
Your question

Is my Motherboard to rubbish for my 920?

February 21, 2013 7:41:29 PM

Hello,

I recently bought an Antec Kuhler 920 Water Cooling System, and after breaking my Phenom II X4 in the process (snapped pins, don't ask!) I finally got it fitted. But when I plugged the two included fans into the splitter, no power to the fans. They would limply shudder every second, but apart from that stayed still. When plugged into the PSU they were fine, but as soon as they were connected to the intended splitter, not working.

So, I attached my two non-PWM fans, sacrificing speed control for actual function, and plugged them into the PSU. But my Water cooler was not pumping, and my PC would not boot. As soon as I took out the 3 Pin Fan Style lead from the motherboard header, it was fine, hence why I am now running my old Athlon X2 with my Arctic Freezer 7 Pro.

So my question. Is the reason behind my Water Cooler lacking, well, function, a lack of power from my crappy HP OEM Motherboard? (Pegatron M2-N68-LA)

This would explain the shuddering fans and lack of pumping. The seller advertised it as 100% working on eBay, so if it is a problem with the watercooler I'll have to talk to them.

Many Thanks
Luke

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
!