Sign in with
Your question

Would greatly appreciate feedback before my first build

Last response: in Systems
October 8, 2012 10:32:17 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am planning on building my first gaming pc sometime in the near future(within 45 days). I have owned a few Dells during my life and upgraded a few parts here and there so I think I can do it. I have researched the many parts of my build and made a list for you guys to look at. I am not 100% set on everything and would like to have some feedback before I make any bad purchases. I would also appreaciate feedback on how well my build should work once i get it all together. I dont know if this is important but I am planning on overclocking as much as I can while staying on the safeside. Also how high do you think I can get it up to? Also i am planning to sli 2 graphic cards together when I have enough money for a second card.

OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit oem
PSU Corsair Gold AX850 Watts fully modular
CPU Intel I5 3570k
GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX670
MOBO Asus Sabertooth Z77
RAM Corsair Vengeance Series 8gb(2x4gb) DDR3 1600
SSD Corsair Force Series GT 240 GB
HDD Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
CASE Corsair Obsidian 650d Midtower Case
COOLER Corsair H100 Extreme Performace liquid cpu cooler
ODD LG 12x Sata bluray burner w/3d playback

More about : greatly feedback build

October 8, 2012 10:38:58 PM

What is your budget?

edit:

Nevermind, after looking at the build, there are only two things that I would potentially change unless you are particularly interested in saving some money.

1) Motherboard is generally considered over priced. Could switch to a Asrock extreme4 for less.

2) AMD 7970 is generally considered to be more powerful than the Nvidia 670, however that one has a lot of personal preference associated with it, so go with the 670 if you feel more comfortable.
October 8, 2012 10:45:01 PM

Sorry, I forgot to put that. I really dont want to go above 2,000 I am also hoping if i throw this much money at it I will not really have to upgrade anything for atleast a few years. Is this ok to think or am I just dreaming?
Related resources
October 8, 2012 10:53:35 PM

Quote:
pretty much what stormreaver said, that and i hear alot of complaints about the h100

heres something to start with
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jKT0
will outperform what you have in the OP and cost a decent amount less
Lowest Possible Total: $1474.68

+1 to that. $500 under budget, so you could pick up a second 7970, extra or new monitor, or just stash the extra away for something else.
October 8, 2012 11:09:50 PM

Thanks for all the responses guys, Can anyone recommend me a specific GPU. I need (1) that can play today's games on the highest settings and with the option of buying a second one sometime next year to do the same then. Also any other CPU COOLER options out there that will allow me to overclock without worrying too much. Thanks Again.
!