Nokia 7250i to PC Connectivity Question

Last response: in Brands
Share
October 25, 2004 11:22:21 PM

OK,

a friend has a 7250i, and wants to be able to download from her phone some
pics to her PC
Now, given the phone has no DKU-2 cable, and does not have Nokia PC
suite.....

Searching ebay, we found this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=63...
But, on exchaning emails with the seller, we have been advised, it is not
Nokia PC suite compatible, but only with Mobi MB and Oxygen Manager.

Finally, I have Nokia PC Suite 5, which came with my 7600.

So, what to do.

What cable/software combo is best, and can make version of PC Suite be used
with her phone....she only wants the pics from her phone to the computer for
printing......that's for another NG the printing part, lol

Thanks in advance
neil
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 11:24:41 PM

"rachel" <rachelisadog@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> OK,
>
> a friend has a 7250i, and wants to be able to download from her phone some
> pics to her PC
> Now, given the phone has no DKU-2 cable, and does not have Nokia PC
> suite.....
>
> Searching ebay, we found this:
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=63...
> But, on exchaning emails with the seller, we have been advised, it is not
> Nokia PC suite compatible, but only with Mobi MB and Oxygen Manager.
>
> Finally, I have Nokia PC Suite 5, which came with my 7600.
>
> So, what to do.
>
> What cable/software combo is best, and can make version of PC Suite be
> used
> with her phone....she only wants the pics from her phone to the computer
> for
> printing......that's for another NG the printing part, lol
>
> Thanks in advance
> neil

Get a DKU5 and Mobimb from Logomanager or use infra red and datasuite from
here http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,28019,00.html
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 2:49:47 AM

You can always download PC Suite 6.4 for 7250i from Nokia's web site:
http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,54692,00.html
Nokia PC Suite Compatibility tables

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,54698,00.html
Show that you can use either IrDA, DKU-5 cable, or newer CA-42 cable with
7250i.

If your friend has an IrDA adapter in her PC, I believe that the pictures
can be sent from phone to PC without PC Suite.

The cable from EBay is likely to do the job also. It comes with software, so
you don't need that &#/ยค& PC Suite.

"rachel" <rachelisadog@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> OK,
>
> a friend has a 7250i, and wants to be able to download from her phone some
> pics to her PC
> Now, given the phone has no DKU-2 cable, and does not have Nokia PC
> suite.....
>
> Searching ebay, we found this:
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=63...
> But, on exchaning emails with the seller, we have been advised, it is not
> Nokia PC suite compatible, but only with Mobi MB and Oxygen Manager.
>
> Finally, I have Nokia PC Suite 5, which came with my 7600.
>
> So, what to do.
>
> What cable/software combo is best, and can make version of PC Suite be
used
> with her phone....she only wants the pics from her phone to the computer
for
> printing......that's for another NG the printing part, lol
>
> Thanks in advance
> neil

---
October 26, 2004 9:51:56 PM

DKU-2 cable is incompatible with Nokia 7250i. DKU-2 cable works with Nokia
7600, 7610, 6230 and 6650 phones only.

The best cable + software combination is genuine Nokia DKU-5 cable, which is
compatible with Nokia 7250i, and Oxygen Phone Manager II (
http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Using Oxygen Phone Manager II you can manage your
phone's phonebook, calendar, To-Do list, SMS messages and FM stations list,
manage GPRS and WAP settings, synchronize your phonebook with MS Outlook,
Lotus Notes, Windows Address Book, MS Excel and export your phonebook in
HTML, XML, RTF, SYLK. DBF, DIF or plain-text files. Also you can synchronize
your phone's calendar with MS Outlook and To-Do list with MS Outlook and MS
Excel (.CSV) formats. Program also has powerful Gallery and Java managers,
color logo editor and built-in melody editor. MMS creation, reading and
uploading is also supported.

Trial version enables to update only one phonebook entry per program's
session and all other sections work in read-only mode.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, rachel!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:22:21
+0100 from address rachelisadog@yahoo.co.uk:

>OK,

>a friend has a 7250i, and wants to be able to download from her phone
>some
>pics to her PC
>Now, given the phone has no DKU-2 cable, and does not have Nokia PC
>suite.....

>Searching ebay, we found this:
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=63...
>But, on exchaning emails with the seller, we have been advised, it is
>not
>Nokia PC suite compatible, but only with Mobi MB and Oxygen Manager.

>Finally, I have Nokia PC Suite 5, which came with my 7600.

>So, what to do.

>What cable/software combo is best, and can make version of PC Suite be
>used
>with her phone....she only wants the pics from her phone to the
>computer for
>printing......that's for another NG the printing part, lol

>Thanks in advance
>neil
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 9:51:57 PM

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:51:56 +0400, "Oxygen Software"
<support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:

>DKU-2 cable is incompatible with Nokia 7250i. DKU-2 cable works with Nokia
>7600, 7610, 6230 and 6650 phones only.

according to nokia, dku-2 is compatible with:

Compatible phones:
Nokia 3300, Nokia 6170, Nokia 6230, Nokia 6260, Nokia 6630, Nokia
6650, Nokia 6670, Nokia 7270, Nokia 7600, Nokia 7610, Nokia 7700,
Nokia 9300, Nokia 9500 Communicator
October 28, 2004 4:19:06 AM

Thanks to all for taking the time to reply.
Ending up buying the cable from ebay.

Thanks again
neil
October 31, 2004 10:14:59 PM

Well, the plot thickens with this one.
Having bought the cable from the seller, the cable arrives, and with the
monster cd, as promised, BUT, the cable driver does not seem to have worked.
When I say, not worked, I mean, when the cable is put in, 1st of all,
Windows tries to build the driver itself.....duff driver(?), and when the
phone is (then) connected, the phone shows no sign of this, since the phone
does not beep, nor illuminate.....
Tried to uninstall/reinstall, tried both of the USB slots, and still no
progress.....
The cable driver, is pl-2303, and seems to be a generic USB cable.
PC is running Win98SE, but, does not seem to well.
The phone is not mine, so cannot test too often.....any ideas peeps, before
I contact the seller, and ask for a refund?
ta
neil
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 1:25:27 AM

> Well, the plot thickens with this one.
> Having bought the cable from the seller, the cable arrives, and with the
> monster cd, as promised, BUT, the cable driver does not seem to have
> worked.
> When I say, not worked, I mean, when the cable is put in, 1st of all,
> Windows tries to build the driver itself.....duff driver(?), and when the
> phone is (then) connected, the phone shows no sign of this, since the
> phone
> does not beep, nor illuminate.....
> Tried to uninstall/reinstall, tried both of the USB slots, and still no
> progress.....
> The cable driver, is pl-2303, and seems to be a generic USB cable.
> PC is running Win98SE, but, does not seem to well.
> The phone is not mine, so cannot test too often.....any ideas peeps,
> before
> I contact the seller, and ask for a refund?

You did install the driver before you connected the cable didn't you?

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<
November 1, 2004 1:31:53 AM

"Richard Colton" <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote in message

> You did install the driver before you connected the cable didn't you?
>
> --

Yes mate, always do, unless the manual says otherwise.
neil
!