Sign in with
Your question
Solved

D-link router di 624 wireless problem after power failure

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 9, 2011 2:32:38 PM

Hello,

Our D-Link wireless router; #DI 624 is not functioning in the wireless mode. We just had a power failure for about 3 hours. The hard wired connections work fine. Also cannot reach or view the router via the IP address either?
We am afraid to press the reset button for fear it will cause new problems with the hard wired connection which is working for now.

Yes, we tried unplugging etc., still no change.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Joe Gorman

Best solution

November 9, 2011 3:52:37 PM

Power outages can mess with things a bit. I would tell you the first place to check would be the wireless settings but it seems that you cannot access them. Did you check to make 100% sure you are using the correct IP adddress to access the router settings? (by typing ipconfig/all at a command prompt and looking at the default gateway)

Really the only other thing i could think of doing other than just replacing it is trying to hold the reset button for about 30 seconds. If you want your wireless back it is worth a try before you spend any money on new equipment.
a b F Wireless
November 9, 2011 9:55:45 PM

Any router you're afraid to reset isn't worth keeping.
m
l
Related resources
November 10, 2011 12:26:51 PM

steimy said:
Power outages can mess with things a bit. I would tell you the first place to check would be the wireless settings but it seems that you cannot access them. Did you check to make 100% sure you are using the correct IP adddress to access the router settings? (by typing ipconfig/all at a command prompt and looking at the default gateway)

Really the only other thing i could think of doing other than just replacing it is trying to hold the reset button for about 30 seconds. If you want your wireless back it is worth a try before you spend any money on new equipment.

Hello Steimy,
Thank you very much for your kind reply and assistance.
m
l
November 10, 2011 12:27:58 PM

Best answer selected by Joegorman.
m
l
!