LOW GPU Usage On Any Setting For BF3

Ok so I posted some stuff about bottlenecking and what people thought of my system and they said it should not be bottlenecking. But im coming here again to see if this is a normal behavior in BF3. I can run the game on ultra and get 45-100 frames on Ultra, but when I get into open spaces like Caspian Border, Kharg Island, Seigne Crossings brige area, it seems to only work my GPU at 70-75%. Would that be a normal behavior? Anyways if you need any other information, just ask and I would love to be able to use my new GPU I just got.

Specs:
- AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
- 500Watt CoolerMaster Extreme
- 6GB DDr3 ram
- MSI Radeon 7850 Twin Frozr
- 1.5 TB Hard Drive

Im not sure if I am not turning on a setting or turning off a setting, but it seems that it will not work the GPU if it is around 60FPS, which I would love to get my cards max potential. It will do this on other games too.

1366*768 Resolution if that helps
5 answers Last reply
More about usage setting
  1. have you tried to OC your cpu and see if it helps?
  2. renz496 said:
    have you tried to OC your cpu and see if it helps?

I have a stock cooler and my motherboard may not support it since its a default one that came with a built computer.
  3. your cpu is bottlenecking you. BF3 needs a good quad core with a good clock speed.
  4. Unless you are getting like in the 20's, then those frames are acceptable for that computer.
  5. Is VSync enabled? If it is, that explains the GPU usage ;).
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Bottleneck Battlefield Graphics