Computer performance problems

WithoutTheWig

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Sorry about the poor category selection, but i couldn't really decide what one to pick. Since it involves all of my components. (maybe)
So before i get started let me list my specs.
Intel core i7 2600k
EVGA z68 ftw mobo
EVGA GTX 570
western digital 500gb(old and has been formatted 3 times)
corsair hx 850w-
So the problems is my performance on most games. i recently got the beta of CS:GO and can not get a range from 25-60 frames, but always a noticeable problem. COD 4 Need everything off to hopefully get 125 fps, while using my brothers poor AMD build as a comparison he gets steady 250 or 333 if he wants. i agree some games have bad ports but they all cant. i can barely play skyrim on medium with decent fps, while i watch people on you tube play it next to ultra. Just a little disappointing that i saved up for a long time and purchased this with my own money and doesn't even perform the way it should. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Graphic driver:304.79

WithoutTheWig

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012

I have absolutely no overclocking that i have done. unfortunately your answer didn't help i still appreciate the suggestion.

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I know you have no overclocking I mean clock it below stock settings. My graphics card that was broken ran really hot and got frame rate problems unless I clocked it below stock settings Eg. stock is 850 and I had it at 700. I actually got a higher frame rate with lower clock. So what I'm saying is like how it can get unstable when you overclock, it is unstable at normal clock because there is damage to one of the parts. When I say underclock I mean below stock settings.

WithoutTheWig

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012

Okay I will defiantly try that. I currently have OC SCANNER I believe that's what it's called, is that a good overclock software. Or do you have another method that you used. I will try this tomorrow because I am not currently at my computer and will get back to you. But I really appreciate it and will give it a shot.

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
For GPU overclocking I use MSI afterburner, but evga precision looks pretty good too.
For CPU overclock I use software that comes with the motherboard. I use asrock OC manager. There is also CPUZ but if you want you can also do it in the bios. Good luck. I'll try to get back at you and I hope you can fix your problem.

start with the bios..the last bios file is a05. check that your mb is at that rev. it for new cpu code.
make sure you have the newest intel chipset drivers installed. then run cpu-z and check your ram speed and it info under spd tab. most time you have to use xmp or spd in the bios to set your ram to it max speed. if not it default to it slowest speed.
use gpu-z make sure your cpu is read right. make sure the pci bus speed says 2x by 16 if it anything less the card or the pciu slot may have an issue. make sure you have the video card in the right video slot. the main slot is going to be the @16 speed slot. use hardware monitor to check gpu and cpu temps. if the cpu heat sink not on right and your running hot the cpu going to be throttled back. one last thing what the brand and size of your power supply. if it under sized or a cheap one it can cause strange errors.

TRENDING THREADS