Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Gtx
  • MSI
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 17, 2012 4:13:56 AM

i was looking at the msi gtx 660 ti power edition and the evga gtx 670 superclocked 4gb version and the msi gtx 670 oc with the triple overvoltage. i was wondering which one is the best, im kinda leaning to the msi cards. i will be eventually setting them in an sli config. i am currently on a 40" tv but i plan to upgrade to one with a higher mhz. which one should i go for?

More about : card

August 17, 2012 5:02:32 AM

Well the 670 is better than the 660ti in performance. I caclulated overall value, and frame-per-frame the 660ti is a better value. For example in batman arkham city highest settings in 1050p you pay about $4.4 per frame with the 660ti as opposed to the 670 where you would paying about $4.7 per frame per second. They are both really good cards. You aren't going wrong if you get either card as of now. Most games will still get 40+ fps on highest setting and that is all you really need for any game. The real difference is that you will pay 100 more dollars for a card that will probably do high end gaming for like a year longer, but you can't go wrong with either card.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
August 17, 2012 1:16:35 PM

Whatever you choose, I don't think you're going to have a wrong choice. MSI PE cards are usually really good. Personally, after reading many reviews, I found out that the $100 increase from the 660 Ti to the 670 is not worth it because the performance difference form the 660 Ti to the 670 is not very noticeable (maximum about 20%). But that's my personal opinion, you can go with 670 without any problem, it's not a wrong choice either.
m
l
Related resources
August 17, 2012 1:21:17 PM

refillable said:
Whatever you choose, I don't think you're going to have a wrong choice. MSI PE cards are usually really good. Personally, after reading many reviews, I found out that the $100 increase from the 660 Ti to the 670 is not worth it because the performance difference form the 660 Ti to the 670 is not very noticeable (maximum about 20%). But that's my personal opinion, you can go with 670 without any problem, it's not a wrong choice either.

If you are planning to go SLI I would recommend the 660 Ti since you are saving a lot of money and as said above the performance increase is minimal.
m
l
August 17, 2012 2:23:18 PM

And a 4GB version is of no use if you dont use more than 1 monitor (whatever resolution you run in that single monitor 2 GB will suffice).
m
l
!