Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New power supply needed

Last response: in Components
February 22, 2013 12:21:08 AM

Hello,
I need to purchase a new PSU that will support my new motherboard ASUS F2A55-M/CSM FM2 which will have a new A-8 Amd 3.6 GHz 4 core. The computer will not have a graphics card for likely a year or so due to budget. I am looking for a power supply that will last and have a decent cable lenth, with around 4 sata and 4 peripheral power. I'd like it to be around twenty five dollars, low budget but quality.
thanks

More about : power supply needed

February 22, 2013 12:28:17 AM

for that price anything you buy will be risking your other components. save up like 15-20 more and get a xfx 450w core edition. cheapest yet best solution in the market right now unless you wanna blow up your stuff
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
February 22, 2013 12:43:28 AM

Low budget but quality? XFX Core Edition. 5 year warranty, top quality components, made by Seasonic. Win Win Win.
Related resources
February 22, 2013 12:50:48 AM

Best answer selected by jcarrothers16.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 22, 2013 1:03:04 AM

What the guys above me said is spot on, but if you are planning on adding a discrete graphics card at any point in the future it's worth considering what that is likely to mean for your PSU.
There's not a lot of point buying a PSU today and having to buy another in a year because it doesn't have enough power/quality/connectors for your needs.

The XFX the guys above mentioned is perfectly sufficient for a lot of low-mid range graphics cards, but it only has a single PCIe connector which if you look at the current graphics card range, limits you to the GTX660/HD7850 level. If you see yourself buying a graphics card of the GTX660Ti/HD7870 level or upwards, it's worth investing in a higher power PSU with sufficient cables.
m
l
!