6870 what is wrong?

seankoa

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
i just got an amd 6870 paired with an fx 4100 16gb of ram and a 64gb ssd with os on it with windows ultimate 64 bit and for some reason i get in game lag and stutters while playing even campaign. and its not just on 1080 it also does this on 480 standard definition anyon know whats wrong?

drums101

Distinguished
can you get us fps readings? Like your avg fps in your favorite game? which you should tell us which on it is too...also have you installed the latest drivers for your card? also can you get us temp readings on your card? one last question what power supply do you have?

seankoa

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
ok sorry for my lack of information i was raging...

i wasnt running a demanding game in the first place im running mw2 at an avarage of around 70fps but i see it above 100 alot also. i do belive i have the latest drivers i went to amd website and went through the whole checklist downloading the drivers and ccc.

also the gpu tempurature idles around 41c and under usage hits 58-60c not much higher though usually.

im also using the 620w high current gamer psu.

the odd thing that i realized is i can run dead space 2 smoothly without any problems maybe a stutter during intense cutscenes but not often

drums101

Distinguished
if you see arounud 70fps avg then its not fps lag that you are experiencing....can you describe the lag a little better? is it all the time or does the machine just seem to stall for a second then work fine for a while then stall again? try to go into as much detail as possible....if dead space 2 works with no problems then it most likely is not an issue with your hardware or software it could just be an issue with mw2....temps are fine and the psu should be fine too even if its a crappy unit

seankoa

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
ok so the level loading screen will come up and load fine then the beggining cutscene willl happen and as soon as i am back in control and move my mouse and keyboard it will seem to freeze for maybe a secound if even that then jump ahead. so its almost like everything is still happening in real time but i missed it. but its not always right after cutscenes. usually every time there is a ton of action going on with huge explosions everywere it will lag a little also sometimes also just in the middle of a battle. also it almost always happens when the game saves.
this is why i thought it was a gpu thing. because when it did lag the frames would drop a little but never below 40-50 fps which should still e plenty playable.

iliani007

Honorable
May 11, 2012
this do not sound like a hd6870 problem.
i think that the problem stays on the CPU or the motherboard drivers
1.CPU Problem. Your CPU can handle very well,,,but check the temperatures.Is the CPU FAN enough to cool your CPU????
2.Motherboard drivers.---The motherboard can work without his driverw but,,in some cases there are very neccesary.The drivers of your motherboard may be missing and this make the Hard Drivers slow down.
3.Or you have a big virus on your PC that makes the half of the CPU burned
(i had a virus like this that eat the half of your processor)

seankoa

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
my cpu is fine it dose not go above 35c while playing i have it all nice and cool down there. and i do not have a virus just checked. sadly this is a new pc so i do not have any other games to test it on but yes dead space does work fine.

also this is weird but i just played about 8 minutes of mw2 and it happend less maybe 3-4 times the whole tim did it stutter but i was watching fraps carefully and i did notice when it struggles the frames drop from the capped 60 to 53just for a moment

iliani007

Honorable
May 11, 2012

i know what you mean
My client had this problem:
1.Reformat the PC
2.Installing all updated drivers
3.Installing Graphic drivers
4.Installing other programs-----not necessary

I made this steps and the problem was fixed ,,i don't know if this can help you but give it a try

But if you say tht this happens only in one game i don't know what to say