Computer problem Please help thank you

nick3232

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Hi,I have an Alienware r1 or r2 not sure,and when I power it on it goes normal then after it checks nvram,a little white line appears only thing I can see and beeps constantly non stop,I took some ram out to see if it was the ram and now I can't see anything on the screen and it does two beeps after every couple seconds .please help its my only computer and I don't have the money to buy one, I don't game on it that much only game I play on it now is called dofus can be played on any pc. So not a heavy game.Please help,Thank you. Specs: i7-920 gtx 560 ti 6gb ddr3 1tb raid,ocz 120 gb ssd and some Alienware mobo.

Two beeps means ram is not detected. Try replacing one ram module (place in slot closest to CPU) and booting. If that doesn't work, try another in the same slot. See if any of them can get you past the two beeps.
I would think you are still under warranty from Dell (or just barely out of warranty), you might contact them also.

nick3232

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
ok so I tried every ram stick in the slot closest to cpu and I couldn't get it past the beeps,Tried on the second slot and I got past the beeps,but now it stays at the screen after checking nvram,with a little white line is all I see,btw I am out of warranty and like always dell wants to charge me a huge amount of money.

nick3232

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
30ur69v.png
The computer powers on gets past the alien logo the bios version page etc,gets pass nvram,then a little blinking white line on the corner is all I get,and no no lights on the inside just the normal alienfx.below is picture of the screen,sorry for bad quality but you can see a blinking white line in the upper left corner

nick3232

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
nothing ran the psa test and everything passes hard drive is detected but problem still continues I can't even get the option screen to go into safe mode or recovery just that blinking white line

I'm going to guess it has to do with your RAID configuration - if RAID 0 - it may be that one of your drives has died. The blinking cursor indicates to me it has passed POST and has found an operating system but it isn't loading properly.
Check all of your SATA connections inside the computer, make sure none have become loose. Hopefully, that's all it is
Since you can get into BIOS check your boot order and RAID configuration

TRENDING THREADS