Y sold a Gamez USB Joypad, in the boz said that was
compatible with Windows XP and USB2.0. The problem is
that when I connect the Joypad, Windows show a message
telling me that Windows have a problem installing that
hardware because of a malfunction and later it appears
installed like an unknown device in the Device Manager. I
tried to connect it to another computers and it works. Y
was thinking that maybe is a problem with my motherboard,
because it works with Pentiun 3, but not with Pentium 4.
So I downloaded from Intel the drivers of the USB for my
motherboard, but didn´t resolve my problem. So I think
that maybe is a problem with Windows XP. In the box says
that is compatible with the HID (Human Interface Device).

Please help me,

Christian

Didn't Gamez give you a driver with the Joypad? Also do you have the latest
SP and patches for XP?

--
----------------
Cheers,

"Christian Cañizares" <chrcanizares@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Y sold a Gamez USB Joypad, in the boz said that was
compatible with Windows XP and USB2.0. The problem is
that when I connect the Joypad, Windows show a message
telling me that Windows have a problem installing that
hardware because of a malfunction and later it appears
installed like an unknown device in the Device Manager. I
tried to connect it to another computers and it works. Y
was thinking that maybe is a problem with my motherboard,
because it works with Pentiun 3, but not with Pentium 4.
So I downloaded from Intel the drivers of the USB for my
motherboard, but didn´t resolve my problem. So I think
that maybe is a problem with Windows XP. In the box says
that is compatible with the HID (Human Interface Device).

Please help me,

Christian

Thanks for the reply.

In the box says that doesn't need any drivers, is a Plug
and Play device, and my Windows XP has the SP1a and all
the patches available.

Go to the Control Panel, click on Game Controllers and use the AutoDetect
feature to install drivers.

www.coribright.com