Sign in with
Your question

Improving GPU temperature (GTX560Ti)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 17, 2012 11:32:47 AM

Hello, I have a GTX560 Ti and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve temperatures while gaming. I made a fan profile where the fan speed is always more or equal to the current temperature, but unfortunately, that didn't get me significant results. My idle temperature is usually around 32-40c and load stays at around 67 at 67% fan speed (while is so damn loud!). My case has 7 fans and this is my case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168.... I added 2 extra fans on top of the 5 provided and I have done good wire management considering the fact that I have a non-moduler PSU. I was wondering if i could just buy a new heatsink for the gpu but i'm afraid that it might void the warranty.

This is the GPU
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
a b Î Nvidia
August 17, 2012 11:57:21 AM

Hi

67C is actually very good for a load temperature, I would only start to worry if the load temperature was north of 90C. I would personally have a less aggressive fan profile to cut down the noise.

Any reason why you want your GPU load temperature to be less than 67C?
m
l
August 17, 2012 12:01:09 PM

Well I looked it up from a few sources and some people considered anything in the high 60s to be kinda worm so it got me a little worried. I know most people have different preferences, but I just want to stay on the safe side.
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
August 17, 2012 12:08:52 PM

67C is perfectly safe.
Mine does 69.
Start worrying at 85 - 100C.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
August 17, 2012 12:12:17 PM

Well that's being extremely cautious, Nvidia state the Max temperature to be 99C: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt...

I can't see the case as newegg says the product has be deactivated when I click the link...
I'm not sure what fans you have but higher end fans generally push/pull more air and more airflow = better temperatures, so you could upgrade your fans if the ones you have don't push alot of air.

You could also clean your case and fans so they're free of dust.

Use lots of cable ties to manage your cables and try and hide them behind the motherboard tray if possible.

You could also buy a aftermarket cooler for your graphics card if you wanted.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
August 17, 2012 12:43:25 PM

fair enough, lowering your temps is never a bad thing, however your current temps are perfectly safe. :) 

Oh and your case is fine (big enough, plenty of ventilation, fan placement ETC...)
m
l
August 17, 2012 1:23:29 PM

I have the msi twin frozr oc version and I have around 70ºC at games... and I dont see any problem with it.
m
l
August 27, 2012 4:04:50 PM

Well i'm just wondering how come some people's 560 TI runs perfectly fine with much better temperatures with stock fan settings, yet i have to bump my fan all the way up to 70% to avoid going above 70c. My case has 8 fans with perfect airflow. There is so much space around the card and i even have my AC on 24/7. I'm assuming this is happening because EVGA decided to put a river of thermal paste on top of the processor thinking that it would make it cooler >:-(
m
l
!