Error Obtained While Loading Driver-Help

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windbg,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Hello All
I made a Disk filter driver based on Diskperf sample.
But when i install it for the first active hard disk it crashes..
But when i install it for the second hard disk it works fine ...

I use addfilter provided in the DDK for that..
When i use it for the first hard disk which is the active hard disk from i
am booting
i get the following error in the debugger

Expecting ur help in this regard
Thanks

Symbol search path is:
c:\path_driver\symbols;SRV*c:\SymbolFilePath*http://msdl.microsoft.com/downl
oad/symbols

*** Fatal System Error: 0x0000007b
(0xF8876640,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Break instruction exception - code 80000003 (first chance)

A fatal system error has occurred.
Debugger entered on first try; Bugcheck callbacks have not been invoked.

A fatal system error has occurred.

Connected to Windows XP 2600 x86 compatible target, ptr64 FALSE

***
*
*
* Bugcheck Analysis
*
*
*
***

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7B, {f8876640, c0000034, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!KiBugCheckDebugBreak+19 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

nt!RtlpBreakWithStatusInstruction:
8051ac9c cc int 3
3 answers Last reply
More about error obtained loading driver help
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windbg,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    SriRam wrote:
    > <snip>
    > Expecting ur help in this regard
    > <snip>

    Cultural note: This reads as a demand for help rather than as a request.
    Since you're asking people to give you free help so that your company
    can market a commercial product, I'd say that most US programmers would
    be offended. Better to just post your question without any statement of
    what your expectations or hopes might be...

    --
    Walter Oney, Consulting and Training
    Basic and Advanced Driver Programming Seminars

    Sorry if my statement might have offended any..

    Is there anyway to solve that error???

    Regards

    "Walter Oney" <waltoney@oneysoft.com> wrote in message
    > SriRam wrote:
    > > <snip>
    > > Expecting ur help in this regard
    > > <snip>
    >
    > Cultural note: This reads as a demand for help rather than as a request.
    > Since you're asking people to give you free help so that your company
    > can market a commercial product, I'd say that most US programmers would
    > be offended. Better to just post your question without any statement of
    > what your expectations or hopes might be...
    >
    > --
    > Walter Oney, Consulting and Training
    > Basic and Advanced Driver Programming Seminars
    > Check out our schedule at http://www.oneysoft.com
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windbg,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Bug Check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

    "SriRam" <indian224080@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello All
    > I made a Disk filter driver based on Diskperf sample.
    > But when i install it for the first active hard disk it crashes..
    > But when i install it for the second hard disk it works fine ...
    >
    > I use addfilter provided in the DDK for that..
    > When i use it for the first hard disk which is the active hard disk from i
    > am booting
    > i get the following error in the debugger
    >
    > Expecting ur help in this regard
    > Thanks

    > Symbol search path is:

    c:\path_driver\symbols;SRV*c:\SymbolFilePath*http://msdl.microsoft.com/downl
    > oad/symbols
    >
    > *** Fatal System Error: 0x0000007b
    > (0xF8876640,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
    >
    > Break instruction exception - code 80000003 (first chance)
    >
    > A fatal system error has occurred.
    > Debugger entered on first try; Bugcheck callbacks have not been invoked.
    >
    > A fatal system error has occurred.
    >
    > Connected to Windows XP 2600 x86 compatible target, ptr64 FALSE

    > ***
    > *
    > *
    > * Bugcheck Analysis
    > *
    > *
    > *

    > ***
    >
    > Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
    >
    > BugCheck 7B, {f8876640, c0000034, 0, 0}
    >
    > Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!KiBugCheckDebugBreak+19 )
    >
    > Followup: MachineOwner
    > ---------
    >
    > nt!RtlpBreakWithStatusInstruction:
    > 8051ac9c cc int 3

Drivers Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP