Closed Solved

Help , pc wouldnt boot

installed the 6870 soc and pc wouldnt boot ,the area marked with red really overheats , i dont know what to do !!!!!!!!!! :heink: :heink: :heink: :heink: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6538/20120817117.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help wouldnt boot
  1. Hi

    Have you checked all connections?

    Does your motherboard have a built in speaker, if so do you hear any beeps when you push the power button?

    Have you tried re-seating the card?

    How do you know the SouthBridge is over-heating?

    Have you tried resetting the BIOS?
  2. Rustyy117 said:
    Hi

    Have you checked all connections?

    Does your motherboard have a built in speaker, if so do you hear any beeps when you push the power button?

    Have you tried re-seating the card?

    How do you know the SouthBridge is over-heating?

    Have you tried resetting the BIOS?


    mobo has no built in speaker
    card is placed well
    touched that thing and it was so hot
    yeah i hit the clear cmos button and still nothing
  3. First what did you have before and did it work ok? Can you put whatever that was back in and does the system work? With the new card what happens when you start up? Does the HDD light come on, fans spin, cpu fan spin? Is it that you get no image or does the system truly not come on? Did you attach the secondary power connectors to the card or just put it in the slot? There is such a mess of wires, perhaps you could get better cooling and air flow with some housekeeping. What is your cooling solution for both the case and cpu? Please list the system components.
  4. Dogsnake said:
    First what did you have before and did it work ok? Can you put whatever that was back in and does the system work? With the new card what happens when you start up? Does the HDD light come on, fans spin, cpu fan spin? Is it that you get no image or does the system truly not come on? Did you attach the secondary power connectors to the card or just put it in the slot? There is such a mess of wires, perhaps you could get better cooling and air flow with some housekeeping. What is your cooling solution for both the case and cpu? Please list the system components.


    i had the igp stock cooler & cheap psu
    today i installed :
    1-cooler master hyper 212 evo
    2-seaspnic 12s II 520 watt
    3- gigabyte 6870 soc (used ,tried it and it worked fine

    all fans and hdd work
    no image on screen as if the pc is shutdown
    yeah the 2ndry power connectors are atached
    i just want to fire it up , clean later
    iam using the cooler mentioned before + 1 exhast fan
    components are in signature
  5. Best answer
    Are two PCIe 6-pin connectors plugged in to your graphics card directly from the power supply unit?
  6. Sunius said:
    Are two PCIe 6-pin connectors plugged in to your graphics card directly from the power supply unit?


    yes they are
    i just removed the gpu and pc boot and work normally so the problem is concerned with the gpu
  7. Best answer selected by crimsondivel.
  8. thnx a lot guys , i just put that thing back again and it worked hehehehehe
  9. I'm glad you've solved it :).
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Boot Graphics