Starmap

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Hi everyone,

Evga´s gtx 660 ti just arrived today so I was fairly excited about getting 2 of them, however just looked on the prices and..... got a bit sad...

I´m buying evga only and using their european site.

I had a gtx 670 which I gave to my younger brother for gaming and such, so I wanted to get a new gpu now, however I don´t really have lots of money right now to spend on gpus, so I´ll be getting one now and another latter.

the fact is that in evga europe sites the prices are

gtx 670 - 399€
gtx 660 - 325€
gtx 560 ti 448 FTW - 245€

I am a very casual gamer, I do mostly rendering and such, but I am getting really tired of the gpu built in the new ivy bridge.....

Do you guys think I can get some good performance getting a gtx 560... right now and another in a couple of months or should I just go for the 670 again...?

I really don´t see a point in going for the 660 since it´s not a lot cheaper than the 670.....

I don´t really want super perfomance on graphics just something really nice to enjoy some casual gaming at decent fps, and I only play at 1680x1050 the max my monitor can handle (samsung 206 bw)

Can you guys give me your thoughts? I am really wanting to go with the 560 448 etc.. because its quite a lot cheaper around 90€, do you guys believe it will do fine? In a couple of months i might go sli, but for now it´s either use the bad built in gpu of the ivy bridge or get a 560 448 ftw... what do you suggest?

Many thanks everyone

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
The 560 will do fine at that resolution. You won't be able to max out every game, but if playing on high is fine, then it's a good choice. If you are ever planning to upgrade your resolution, then it may be a good idea to go for something better.

Starmap

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Many thanks carowden and chairman ray,

I will be going to the 560 then, really liked the idea of a 660 ti, but imo everyone is making a lot of money in those since it´s a new card, and i a year they will drop to their correct fair price.

I have some hdtv that I may play in but generaly I never bother to take the computer to the living room, and if I can get some cash around december november i may buy a second, sli 560´s and have a better gpu setup for more performance :)

Many thanks ! :D