Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Noob needs help!

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
February 22, 2013 12:58:29 PM

My rig is an Asus Maximus V formula/thunderfx
i7 2600k @3.4
Corsair Vengeance 32gigs ram @ 1333
Gtx 660 ti sc but is not oc
550 watt power supply
Heaven benchmark score of @ 1210, is that ok?? playing guild wars in 1080 on high minus vsync has avg fps of 70 but will get as low as 10 sometimes but in 720p it does great on heaven and gw2 am i expecting to much??
Does all of this seem compatibale?

More about : noob

a c 193 à CPUs
February 22, 2013 4:13:33 PM

Are all of your parts compatible? Yes they are. I dont know the Heaven benchmark so I can't see anything about it I would expect that you can run on top setting at 720p with the Intel® Core™ i7-2600K and the GTX 660ti.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 22, 2013 4:50:03 PM

Well you could run 1080p on the highest settings for most games. Anyway what do you mean "550 watt power supply"? I hope you aren't using a generic one (one that's not Corsair, XFX, SeaSonic or a good OCZ or Cooler Master) because that can ruin your system fast.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 22, 2013 4:54:55 PM

IntelEnthusiast said:
Are all of your parts compatible? Yes they are. I dont know the Heaven benchmark so I can't see anything about it I would expect that you can run on top setting at 720p with the Intel® Core™ i7-2600K and the GTX 660ti.

It does run great on 720p but when in 1080p it has some big spikes, gettin about 10fps.
I take it you work for intel?? if so how do u shut off the gaming core in the quad core if it is possible?? i have heard u can
m
0
l
February 22, 2013 4:57:00 PM

melikepie said:
Well you could run 1080p on the highest settings for most games. Anyway what do you mean "550 watt power supply"? I hope you aren't using a generic one (one that's not Corsair, XFX, SeaSonic or a good OCZ or Cooler Master) because that can ruin your system fast.

Im sorry haha. its a Ultra 650 watt power supply which is probably generic..
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 22, 2013 5:00:17 PM

Yeah, you should get a new one :p . On a completely unrelated note, I found a small piece of tubing that was cut off my water cooling during installation (if I remember correctly the tubing was too long) and it's turning a yellow/green color. Yuck.
m
0
l
February 22, 2013 5:27:29 PM

melikepie said:
Yeah, you should get a new one :p . On a completely unrelated note, I found a small piece of tubing that was cut off my water cooling during installation (if I remember correctly the tubing was too long) and it's turning a yellow/green color. Yuck.

Thanks very much! i will surely get a new one, once i heard that thing running loud told myself it was goin back. haha that is yuck!!
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 22, 2013 6:03:47 PM

Actually for a second I though that $90 for 620w PSU was stupid, then I saw it was modular. Although I really don't think it would be worth doing that. A 500w Corsair would be just fine.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 22, 2013 6:06:06 PM

No, all cores are available for anything that needs them.
m
0
l