Closed Solved

Evga gtx 670 FTW Power Requirement

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to build a new gaming system and I had a question on the power supply.

Here is the spec for the parts:

CPU: i5 3570k
CPU cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
SDD: Samsung 830 Series 120/8 gb (im not sure haha)
Video Card: EVGA Geforce Gtx 670 FTW
Motherboard: ASRock z77 extreme 6
Power supply: ......

I wanna note that I'm NOT planning to do an SLI with this system in the future, just a single video card.

Looking forward to some feedbacks ;D
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about evga power requirement
  1. Corsair CX 500v2.

- Fastreaction
  2. Best answer
    I am also some what new to this and am also building a new system. I decided to go with the gigabyte 670 windforce OC version. It out performs the 680 for a good 100 dollars less. Regardless, from what I am reading you will need at least a 550w system for the 670 cards, however, I am getting a factory OC version so it may use more juice. I decided to go with a 630w power supply 500 seems to low, though, any more informed insight on this would be great as I would be able to save a few bucks here XD.

P.S. I also can't help but wonder why you are spending so much on your motherboard if you don't plan to sli in the future? From what I have read the asrock z77 extreme4 is really highly rated for a few dollars less. I went with the asrock z77 pro3; I do plan to sli, but since the main game I'll be playing is WoW, not for a long time. From what I can tell our wants are similar, as we have a few things in common in our build, 8 gigs of ram, gtx 670, and the i5 3570k. I have been looking for some insight on the whole mobo/psu situation for a few days in anticipation of my purchase, but what I have read lead me to the conclusion that I would need at least a 550w psu and a mobo that supports my cpu (z77) and pci express 3.0 for the card (gigabyte windforce 670); the asrock z77 pro3 and the asrock z77 extreme4 both meet this requirement.
  3. Thanks for the quick feedback guys! now I can finally relax and continue with my new build.. and also to Montecorex, good luck with your build too!
  4. Will these run my system safely? if so, which one should i go with?

Seasonic X-560W

Silverstone Strider 600W

OCZ ZT series 650W
  5. Best answer selected by Superdong.
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies Graphics