Is it possible that any problem inside the desktop can stop ups??

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
hello.. tell me one thing only. is it possible that any problem inside the desktop can stop the ups giving output untill a restart of ups?? is it possible??? actually some days back my ups was failing to give output sometimes even when the ac power is present. but at the time of power cut it gives 20min of backup easily. but nowdays sudden shut down of pc is happening. and when im checking the output of ups there is no output at all. but after a restart of ups all are fine. this was happening frequently 2days back. but last 2days i didnt face any problem like this. any reply is welcome...

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Well, seeing as you didn't tell us anything about your UPS or computer, there's not much we can tell you. Most likely culprit is the UPS, less likely it's the PSU on the computer. I've seen some computers where the PSU went bad and occasionally the computer would just shut off. Then you'd need to unplug it from the wall for a couple seconds to get it to turn back on.

Your best bet is going to be to contact your UPS's support department and tell them what's going on.

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

i was also thinking it is the problem of mu psu at first. but then i have checked the exact condition when the shut down occurs. at that moment there has no power from the ups at all. so all the connected devices are out of power at that moment. monitor and my pc is connected to that ups. monitors power led is also not glowing. but ups power on led is glowing. only the output of ups is nill. after restar of ups is working again and all devices are getting power. so i'm sure that ups output is null at that moment. my only question is that, is any problem on pc can do this type of problem to ups?? i dont think monitor and the pc is not too much load to the ups.

i know that psu can shutdown pc. but if this is the case then monitor's power led will glow atleast. but here monitor's power led is also not glowing.