how do I get the most out of my Canon PowerShot SD400?

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 31, 2005 5:27:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

Hi, I am fairly new to digital photography, just purchased a Canon PowerShot
SD400. Love it for the small size, I can take it everywhere. I would like
to get the most I can out of this camera, I read the entire manual and it
explains the modes, but where can I get more detailed information. I would
like to really learn how to sue the different modes of the camera. When I
shoot in manual, I have control over several things, like ISO, white
balance, exposure... How do I learn how to set up the camera for the best
pictures?

Steve

More about : canon powershot sd400

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 11:43:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

Steve Wetzel wrote

I would like to really learn how to sue the different modes of the
camera.

I know they're fiddly but suing them's going a bit far :o ) (I made
this same typo just a couple of days back)

it's a pain isn't it? All that new stuff and no knowledge, which is
how I am atm but getting there bit by bit. There may be other helpful
sites but this one was pointed out to me early on. It seems to use
Olympus cameras but that's just the way it is. Even the article on the
Olympus c-750 has descriptions of ISO etc so just have a look through.
It's a start :o )

http://www.irphotoschool.com/

BTW, I don't know if you have public libraries but you may be able to
find a book or two there to give you some pointers aswell.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look