here is what I have currently:
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
CPU: i7 3770K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB)
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Optical: DVD/CD Burner

Still Need:
PSU: Any Recommendations? Brand? Wattage?
(Id rather go more wattage then less to future proof the system, maybe 2 GPUs down the road)
this was on sale for $89 after rebates
SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W
GPU: Any Recommendations?
Case: Any Recommendations?
Been looking at:
COOLER MASTER HAF 922
COOLER MASTER HAF 912
COOLER MASTER Storm Enforcer
NZXT Phantom 410
SSD: maybe need one of these too? Any Recommendations?
CPU Cooler: probably need one of these if I eventually overclock...Any Recommendations?

I would like to get the system together in my old set up for the time being until I can do some more research on the parts I still need....and get more money :) 

Is it ok to use the following PSU? I just dont want to break anything new with an old PSU
Thermaltake TR2 RX W0146RU 450W
and as I mentioned I dont have a GPU at the time so Im just using this PSU to run
onboard graphics
a couple of case fans
i7 3770K
16gb Ram
CD/DVD Burner
and two HDD

Thanks for any help

More about : psu

February 22, 2013 4:03:17 PM

Yes , it will run fine without the GPU .
m
l

Best solution

February 22, 2013 4:07:23 PM

Your current PSU is fine for your setup now. But once you add a new GPU, you'll definitely need to upgrade it. The Seasonic one you chose is a great choice and is more than enough to run higher end cards as well, and probably in CF/SLI. Few things to look for in a PSU are the Amps on the 12V rails and how much the GPU requires on that specific rail. Also take a look at the maximum wattage your GPU that you choose will use at full load, but the 750W should be fine.

The CM HAF series is nice, I was going to get the 922/932 before i got an Antec 900 as a gift (awesome case, 902 is even better). Only thing to check here is for space to fit everything you want (video card, heatsink clearance, drive bays, fans).

GPU is all up to you and how much you are willing to spend. Something like a GTX 670 is more than enough to run most games on ultra/max, or can go for 660Ti which is also very good but saves you a bit of money. (Also the HD7870, 7950, etc. if you go the AMD route). Brand for the card is also up to you and if you want a longer warranty or better support etc.

SSD, great to have for bootup/apps/some games, just find a good one on sale and snag it. I used a first gen OCZ Agility 60GB for 3 years and it never let me down and runs super fast for an older SSD. Also bought a newer Kingston and the speed increase from HDD > SSD is totally worth it. Just find a good deal on it, or go for something like Samsung 840 Pro, Intel 5xx, etc.

CPU cooler depends if you plan to OC a lot, or just a tad bit. Something like Hyper 212+ EVO is fine for smaller/mid OC's or stock. Or going for larger Corsair H100i or similar for higher clocks.
Related resources
February 22, 2013 4:40:18 PM

newbosaurusrex said:
Hi All
working on a new gaming computer and have been getting parts slowly

Still Need:
(Id rather go more wattage then less to future proof the system, maybe 2 GPUs down the road)
SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W
Been looking at:
COOLER MASTER HAF 922
COOLER MASTER HAF 912
NZXT Phantom 410
CPU Cooler: probably need one of these if I eventually overclock...Any Recommendations?

I would like to get the system together in my old set up for the time being until I can do some more research on the parts I still need....and get more money :) 

Is it ok to use the following PSU? I just dont want to break anything new with an old PSU
and as I mentioned I dont have a GPU at the time so Im just using this PSU to run
onboard graphics
a couple of case fans
i7 3770K
16gb Ram
CD/DVD Burner
and two HDD

Thanks for any help

Had the old design of that psu , not sure of the new design but the old one sucked , had trouble with one .
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 22, 2013 4:46:46 PM

jerry6 said:
That psu sucks , ask me how I know . Had one , it is an old design , cheap pos . Get something decent

Which PSU? The one 450 or the 750? The 450 is enough for any basic system with IGP. That seasonic is a nice PSU. I have considered getting it when it it finally time to replace my old TX750
m
l
a c 286 ) Power supply
February 22, 2013 5:35:48 PM

newbosaurusrex said:
Hi All
working on a new gaming computer and have been getting parts slowly

Still Need:
SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W
Been looking at:
COOLER MASTER HAF 922
COOLER MASTER HAF 912
NZXT Phantom 410

onboard graphics
a couple of case fans
i7 3770K
16gb Ram
CD/DVD Burner
and two HDD

Thanks for any help

Hi - the x-750 you listed is an ex choice if you are planning on CF/SLI in the
future. It is a steal if you can get it for $89.
m
l
February 22, 2013 5:39:41 PM

750 is great talking the 450 thermaltake , but mine was the old design so not sure it counts
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 22, 2013 6:10:26 PM

jerry6 said:
750 is great talking the 450 thermaltake , but mine was the old design so not sure it counts

Regardless, it is OK to use temporarily on a system that will be using the IGP. OEM's use far worse PSU probably than any Thermaltake and they hold up for basic systems. I do suggest the OP jumps on that 750w for that price.
m
l
February 22, 2013 6:32:39 PM

Thanks for the input everyone...

the only reason im hesitant about jumping on that SeaSonic 750W deal is that a lot of reviewers said theirs has a high pitched whining noise
anyone else experience this?

do good PSU deals come around that often?
(ive been living on slickdeals lately and have bought almost everything at a "discount")
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 22, 2013 6:42:00 PM

Some people are just more sensitive to sound than others. I know of one guy that thinks even super quiet Noctua fans are too loud. :pt1cable:  I haven't seen that nice of a deal for awhile. If I were in the market for a PSU, I would probably end up getting that one.
m
l
!