Sign in with
Your question

I53570k vs amd fx 8120

Last response: in CPUs
February 22, 2013 5:10:17 PM

right so i got i friend who keeps babbling on to me that his processor (8120) outperforms mine (I5) so i was wondering is he right or is he lying.

And i know it all depends upon the task but we both just play games and neither of us actually use programs such as after effects.

So i was wondering which cpu is better, the i53570k or the amd 8120?

As a side note he also says his amd 6970 is massively better than my wind force x3 gtx 670.

Is this just jealously, Being a downright fanboy or is he right let me know.

More about : i53570k amd 8120

a b à CPUs
February 22, 2013 5:35:09 PM

Even in gaming it depends, considering the 8120 has more cores certainly some games will use those extra resources to its advantage, granted the Core i5 line is still overall superior as the actual design itself still takes the cake over core count currently.

Bulldozer is also pretty inefficent power and heat wise, it tends to see a lot more heat output and power consumpton for while getting less work done then other chips.

Also he's obviously incorrect on the video card comparison, even a single GTX 670 murders a 6970 (they're from two different generations) so in a tri-sli configuration and assuming the game scales well across the cards you will be seeing a massive performance difference. Chances are he's simply jealous you have three of those cards and since he can't have/afford a setup similar to yours he's just attempting to put you down. He's clearly full of ***, or else he know nothing about computer hardware.

February 22, 2013 5:38:09 PM

CDdude55 said:
Even in gaming it depends, considering the 8120 has more cores certainly some games will use those extra resources to its advantage, granted the Core i5 line is still overall superior as the actual design itself still takes the cake over core count currently.

Bulldozer is also pretty inefficent power and heat wise, it tends to see a lot more heat output and power consumpton for while getting less work done then other chips.

Also he's obviously incorrect on the video card comparison, even a single GTX 670 murders a 6970 (they're from two different generations) so in a tri-sli configuration and assuming the game scales well across the cards you will be seeing a massive performance difference. Chances are he's simply jealous you have three of those cards and since he can't have/afford a setup similar to yours he's just attempting to put you down. He's clearly full of ***, or else he know nothing about computer hardware.

dude i have one its the windforce x3( three fans) edition but other wise i agree
Related resources
February 22, 2013 6:17:46 PM

The 3570k has stronger single threaded performance and stronger performance per coock cycle whilst costing less power and being able to clock as high; if not higher then the 8120.
a b à CPUs
February 22, 2013 6:37:28 PM

Deathstalker1 said:
dude i have one its the windforce x3( three fans) edition but other wise i agree

Even a single GTX 670 beats out a 6970.
February 22, 2013 9:26:24 PM

there is something wrong in his brain.....
a c 141 à CPUs
a b À AMD
February 22, 2013 9:55:17 PM

I agree with CD. In single threaded programs like games the I5 is vastly superior. The 81XX Bulldozers were horrible they couldn't beat out the Phenom II's they were suppose to replace let alone Pentium G's and I3's. They sucked power and ran hot they were a complete flop.
!