An odd problem

moshan

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
Hello! I'm experiencing a strange problem with my computer. If I slightly move my computer case the pc freezes and won't boot for some several hours. When I try to restart it or to turn it on the power enters in the computer, but the CPU led won't turn on...Actually I think it's because of the CPU but I don't understand why after leaving the pc turned off some hours (5-6 hours) it works normally. This problem has come after I've put a new CPU. I've read somewhere it can be caused by the improper attachment of the CPU fan. Is it possible?

adamv1

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Your case is grounding your motherboard. Check for exposed wires and sniff for burnt electronics. Also check to see if a screw or other piece of metal is stuck under your motherboard. It is not your processor but a capacitor issue. When you move the case something is casing a short to over charge you MOBO capacitors that is why the light stay's on so long after it is unplugged. The residual charge is being exhausted by the LED light, once the charge is gone you can restart the whole process.

It is next to impossible to attach a CPU fan wrong, even if it is attached wrong it shouldn't cause this issue.