Sign in with
Your question

Aug 17 2012-Battlefield 3 crashes, lags and freezes and brings me to desktop.

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Battlefield
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 17, 2012 6:09:55 PM

So i recently built my first gaming pc about a week ago. When i play bf3 it crashes and freezes i tried many things that i found online but still no solution. my graphics card isnt the greatest could it be because of that. i have the nvidia geforce gtx 560se.

My computer specs.
Asus P8Z68 pro gen-3 motherboard
G skill ripjaws 8gb Ram
intel core i5 2500K Sandy Bridge processor
Nvidia geforce gtx 560se graphics card
Windows 7 home 64bit
samsung 1tb hard drive
corsair tx650 power supply

More about : aug 2012 battlefield crashes lags freezes brings desktop

a c 86 Î Nvidia
August 17, 2012 6:19:04 PM

Is the graphics card being manually overclocked? If yes, what are the core and memory clock speeds that you are using?

Is the CPU being overclocked? If yes, what core clock and voltage?
m
l
August 17, 2012 6:29:09 PM

That system with a 560se is like buying a Bugatti Veryron and putting wood tires on it.
m
l
August 17, 2012 6:41:30 PM

2754334,1,1371532 said:
So i recently built my first gaming pc about a week ago. When i play bf3 it crashes and freezes i tried many things that i found online but still no solution. my graphics card isnt the greatest could it be because of that. i have the nvidia geforce gtx 560se.

Put all the settings on low and turn AA Off. If it doesn't crash then bump up the settings to medium. If it crashes onMedium tan you can probably a mix of low/med settings . When I had my 460 that's how I would have to run or it would crash with higher settings. Your card will also need an OC.

m
l
August 17, 2012 6:44:25 PM

Quote:
my graphics card isnt the greatest could it be because of that.

In short - NO.

Like ko888 mentioned, it could be an unstable clock. If you're OC'd then reset to default. If you're not then re-install drivers.

Try lowering the AA in-game, say 2xMSAA or none and strictly use post-process. Or go into nVidia control panel and enable FXAA and disable AA altogether.
m
l
August 17, 2012 8:52:29 PM

ko888 said:
Is the graphics card being manually overclocked? If yes, what are the core and memory clock speeds that you are using?

Is the CPU being overclocked? If yes, what core clock and voltage?

No its not being overclocked...the setting on bf3 wen i play is on high and with AA off
m
l
August 17, 2012 9:07:10 PM

geekapproved said:
That system with a 560se is like buying a Bugatti Veryron and putting wood tires on it.

yeah i see that know...didn't know to much about pc should of looked into graphics card more whenn i purchased but ill probably upgrade in a couple months..any suggestions for future graphics card that can handle up coming games like medal of honor warfighter
m
l
August 17, 2012 9:09:32 PM

chase3567 said:
2754334,1,1371532 said:

Put all the settings on low and turn AA Off. If it doesn't crash then bump up the settings to medium. If it crashes onMedium tan you can probably a mix of low/med settings . When I had my 460 that's how I would have to run or it would crash with higher settings. Your card will also need an OC.
said:

so i had setting on high default no AA...there was a night where it ran good played 5 games straight no crash but majority of the time it crashes...so i just tried playing a game on low setting it seem to run fine no crash and i bumped it to medium also seemed fine but ill give an update when i get a chance to play for a couple of hours straight and see how it goes.
m
l
!