I just want to see what you guys would do. I have a monitor, 1600x900 reolution. I want to start gaming. If you had 600$ to make a computer, what would you buy, I'm not picky on brands, I'm more interested in performance however. Go.
The focus will be putting as much money as possible towards the GRAPHICS CARD.
$600 just for hardware (not Windows 7 64-bit OEM which is about $110) is the crossover point between AMD and Intel systms, though I think the value would be with an AMD system. At $700 I'd likely go with an Intel 1155 based system.
I don't have time to get specific, but I recommend going to the Canadian version of NCIX as it's well organized. Just to play around with parts and prices should be similar to USD.
Always look for SALE PRICES as well (NCIX has a constant sale link):
7. Hard Drive:
Recommend a Western Digital drive (1TB?) that matches your budget, then use their free Acronis True Image software to backup an Image (if you have a second drive available).
8. DVD burner: (LG/Liteon whatever has a good customer rating for about $25/$30)
9. Windows 7 Premium OEM (MUST BE 64-BIT!!!)
- this is just a very ROUGH idea of the core components.
- I haven't checked prices, so you'd have to tweak
- I haven't compared CPU's for optimum value
- *Make sure your VIDEO CARD has 2GB
- Again, the video card is the key component for gamers. You need to find the BALANCE when spending $600 but try to get an HD7850 2GB card if possible with your budget. (Sapphire/Gigabyte/MSI have possibly the best value/quality. I have ASUS but it can be more expensive).
- update the motherboard BIOS if needed
- drivers for motherboard from website for your exact board/Windows version
(main chipset, audio etc.)
- video driver is from AMD main site
- BIOS fan control for CPU HSF must be correct (Auto, Voltage, PWM). For example, "PWM" cause my CPU FAN to stay at 100% and "Voltage" controlled the fan properly.
- the Antec case I mentioned should have one or two built-in fans
- some motherboards have FRONT USB3 outputs. If so, you need a CASE that has front USB as well to match.