Sign in with
Your question

7970 reference cooler vs 670 with aftermarket

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 17, 2012 7:40:08 PM

I'm really pretty torn. Same price, Visiontek 7970 reference (newegg) vs Gigabyte Windforce 670 (superbiiz), both at $370. Then the 660 Ti kind of sneaks into the mix by saving $70, but I'm a little wary of the narrow memory bus giving diminishing returns in the future, but then again it would be more than good to go for at least 2 years and by then I would most likely look at an upgrade depending on performance levels.

Superbiiz doesn't give the Borderlands 2 coupon, so that's a knock there, would pay an extra $20 at Newegg for that one.

I could also wait for a better deal on a 670 or better cooled 7970 , a couple of weeks won't kill me.

This is for my new build, 3570k, 8gb, SSD+HDD, z77, 650w PSU. More relevant info, Amazon charges me tax so it's almost definitely out for a purchase of this size and I do have shoprunner.
August 17, 2012 7:54:22 PM

I have gigabyte 670 oc and 2 mates have 7970, both great cards and you will be happy with either one.
I think the amd card has more vram so would be better for multi screen set ups, but both would do job nicely.
Hope this helps.
m
l
!