Belkin USB Adaptor and Nokia PC Suite

Last response: in Brands
Share
October 26, 2004 2:32:16 PM

Ive just purchased the USB Adapter and installed PC Suite but when i go to
use it, it says that there are no phones connected. I know that the adaptor
works cause i have used it with the software it came with. The phone i have
is a Nokia 6820 and the version of PC Suite is 5. Ive emailed Nokia but
they havent got back to me. Can any of you guys help.

TIA
October 26, 2004 4:08:31 PM

"dazza" <darren.mayes5@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Ive just purchased the USB Adapter and installed PC Suite but when i go to
> use it, it says that there are no phones connected. I know that the
adaptor
> works cause i have used it with the software it came with. The phone i
have
> is a Nokia 6820 and the version of PC Suite is 5. Ive emailed Nokia but
> they havent got back to me. Can any of you guys help.
>

> TIA

Which Belkin USB adapter, IR, Bluetooth?

Si.
October 26, 2004 4:08:32 PM

Bluetooth

"Si" <si@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> "dazza" <darren.mayes5@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Ive just purchased the USB Adapter and installed PC Suite but when i go
> > use it, it says that there are no phones connected. I know that the
> adaptor
> > works cause i have used it with the software it came with. The phone i
> have
> > is a Nokia 6820 and the version of PC Suite is 5. Ive emailed Nokia but
> > they havent got back to me. Can any of you guys help.
> >

> > TIA
> >

> Which Belkin USB adapter, IR, Bluetooth?
>
> Si.

October 27, 2004 12:29:51 AM

Have you created the Bluetooth connection & virtual serial port required?

When I was running Belkin & PC Suite 6.x (get the latest version dude!), it
needed to be configured right.... First you needed to create virtual serial
port from Belkin software, attach it to PC Suite. When wanting to activate
the link, select the BT icon in the system tray, do the pairing on the
device (one-time setup only) and then PC Suite recognizes the CT
connection....

Abit cumbersome but worth trying. Same applies to BT GPRS/modem setup too if
I am not completely remembering it wrongly....

Hope this helps.

-timo-
October 27, 2004 1:30:12 AM

how do i do that

"-timo-" <blackhole@echelon.com> wrote in message
> Have you created the Bluetooth connection & virtual serial port required?
>
> When I was running Belkin & PC Suite 6.x (get the latest version dude!),
it
> needed to be configured right.... First you needed to create virtual
serial
> port from Belkin software, attach it to PC Suite. When wanting to activate
> the link, select the BT icon in the system tray, do the pairing on the
> device (one-time setup only) and then PC Suite recognizes the CT
> connection....
>
> Abit cumbersome but worth trying. Same applies to BT GPRS/modem setup too
if
> I am not completely remembering it wrongly....
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> -timo-

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 12:38:01 PM

For creating the ports - RTFM - unfortunately I don't remember anything else
expect that I did it through the conf wizard upon the initial launch

To activate the connection, right-click on the BT tray icon and select the
connection you want to use. Alternatively you can use desktop icon "My
Bluetooth Places"

-timo-
October 27, 2004 12:38:02 PM

ive tried everything now and i still cant get it to work

!