Belkin USB Adaptor and Nokia PC Suite

Ive just purchased the USB Adapter and installed PC Suite but when i go to
use it, it says that there are no phones connected. I know that the adaptor
works cause i have used it with the software it came with. The phone i have
is a Nokia 6820 and the version of PC Suite is 5. Ive emailed Nokia but
they havent got back to me. Can any of you guys help.

TIA
6 answers Last reply
More about belkin adaptor nokia suite

    "dazza" <darren.mayes5@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Ive just purchased the USB Adapter and installed PC Suite but when i go to
    > use it, it says that there are no phones connected. I know that the
    adaptor
    > works cause i have used it with the software it came with. The phone i
    have
    > is a Nokia 6820 and the version of PC Suite is 5. Ive emailed Nokia but
    > they havent got back to me. Can any of you guys help.
    >

    > TIA

    Which Belkin USB adapter, IR, Bluetooth?

    Si.

    Bluetooth

    "Si" <si@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    > "dazza" <darren.mayes5@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > Ive just purchased the USB Adapter and installed PC Suite but when i go
    > > use it, it says that there are no phones connected. I know that the
    > adaptor
    > > works cause i have used it with the software it came with. The phone i
    > have
    > > is a Nokia 6820 and the version of PC Suite is 5. Ive emailed Nokia but
    > > they havent got back to me. Can any of you guys help.
    > >

    > > TIA
    > >

    > Which Belkin USB adapter, IR, Bluetooth?
    >
    > Si.

    Have you created the Bluetooth connection & virtual serial port required?

    When I was running Belkin & PC Suite 6.x (get the latest version dude!), it
    needed to be configured right.... First you needed to create virtual serial
    port from Belkin software, attach it to PC Suite. When wanting to activate
    the link, select the BT icon in the system tray, do the pairing on the
    device (one-time setup only) and then PC Suite recognizes the CT
    connection....

    Abit cumbersome but worth trying. Same applies to BT GPRS/modem setup too if
    I am not completely remembering it wrongly....

    Hope this helps.

    -timo-

    how do i do that

    "-timo-" <blackhole@echelon.com> wrote in message
    > Have you created the Bluetooth connection & virtual serial port required?
    >
    > When I was running Belkin & PC Suite 6.x (get the latest version dude!),
    it
    > needed to be configured right.... First you needed to create virtual
    serial
    > port from Belkin software, attach it to PC Suite. When wanting to activate
    > the link, select the BT icon in the system tray, do the pairing on the
    > device (one-time setup only) and then PC Suite recognizes the CT
    > connection....
    >
    > Abit cumbersome but worth trying. Same applies to BT GPRS/modem setup too
    if
    > I am not completely remembering it wrongly....
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > -timo-

    For creating the ports - RTFM - unfortunately I don't remember anything else
    expect that I did it through the conf wizard upon the initial launch

    To activate the connection, right-click on the BT tray icon and select the
    connection you want to use. Alternatively you can use desktop icon "My
    Bluetooth Places"

    -timo-

    ive tried everything now and i still cant get it to work
    > For creating the ports - RTFM - unfortunately I don't remember anything
    else
    > expect that I did it through the conf wizard upon the initial launch
    >
    > To activate the connection, right-click on the BT tray icon and select the
    > connection you want to use. Alternatively you can use desktop icon "My
    > Bluetooth Places"
    >
    > -timo-

Nokia Phones USB Adapter USB Belkin