Computer won't go into standby

"The device driver for the 'Communications Port (COM 1)
device is preventing the machine from entering standby.
Please close aa applications and try again. If the
problem persists, you may need to update the driver."

This is the message I get from the computer. I've tried
to find a newer version of serial.sys or serenum.sys but
have had no luck....any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about computer standby

    Have you got a legacy device plugged in COM1?

    --
    ----------------
    Cheers,

    "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > "The device driver for the 'Communications Port (COM 1)
    > device is preventing the machine from entering standby.
    > Please close aa applications and try again. If the
    > problem persists, you may need to update the driver."
    >
    > This is the message I get from the computer. I've tried
    > to find a newer version of serial.sys or serenum.sys but
    > have had no luck....any suggestions?

Drivers Computers Device Driver Microsoft Windows XP