Computer won't go into standby

April 6, 2004 12:47:54 AM

"The device driver for the 'Communications Port (COM 1)
device is preventing the machine from entering standby.
Please close aa applications and try again. If the
problem persists, you may need to update the driver."

This is the message I get from the computer. I've tried
to find a newer version of serial.sys or serenum.sys but
have had no luck....any suggestions?

More about : computer standby

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 6, 2004 8:11:16 PM

Have you got a legacy device plugged in COM1?

--
Cheers,

!