Newly built system very unstable

osiris9

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
First time posting here, although I'm somewhat familiar with the site. I'm really confused and I've exhausted every idea I can think of, so I'm looking for some helpful insight.

Basically, I spent all last summer and part of fall saving up for a new gaming desktop. When I finally have enough money to pay for the parts in full, I placed an order on Newegg.com and got all my parts nicely in one shipment. My friend and I spent a couple hours one evening putting it all together, and when I flipped it on and installed Windows 7 Ultimate everything worked great to begin with.

However, over the past few months, my system's been incredibly unstable. Almost all programs that I try to run will crash eventually, and it usually doesn't take any longer than 20 minutes for that to happen. Internet browsers seem to be more stable than games, but even Chrome and Firefox crash on me occasionally. I'll list all the parts that I have in my system:

- ASUS 24X DVD Burner Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM
- Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
- CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMD8GX3M2A1866C9
- AMD FX-6200 Zambezi 3.8GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD6200FRGUBOX
- CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
- EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
- ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
- NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK Black Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit - OEM

I BSOD fairly often, and, like I said, almost all programs will crash fairly often. This is getting to be very annoying as I paid for this with the main intention of it being my gaming PC. I've updated my video card driver, I've flashed the BIOS to the latest version, I've run CHKDSK several times to try to just see if it's my hard drive, and I'm not sure what to do. Taking a look at any of my parts, do you think there's anything about the parts themselves that may cause this instability? Or maybe some kind of conflict I didn't see coming when I checked before ordering? I'd really appreciate any and all input.

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
download memtest, to test ram, download unigene's heaven and furmark to test gpu, download prime95 and intel burntest to test cpu. Be careful when downloading these, there are a lot of virsuses on the sites they are on. Whichever test causes it to crash will probably be the problem part.

osiris9

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, I hadn't even thought to try that out. Thank you, I'll be sure to try that out.

osiris9

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Spot on guys. I ran memtest and immediately got an error. I'll be sure to contact Newegg about this, and thank you a ton for the help.