Your question

MSI board posting issues

Last response: in Systems
October 10, 2012 1:15:35 AM

Let's start out with specs
MSI Z77A-G45
GTX 560 SE
8GB RAM

As you can tell my problem is the machine won't post. It was working fine last night and today it doesn't want to post. It turns on for 5 seconds and then shuts off. All of the fans spin and the leds light up like they should. The speeker won't beep so I can't tell what kind of error there is. It has only been together for about 2 months and I haven't had any problems with it besides this one.
a b B Homebuilt system
October 10, 2012 2:53:17 AM

try to post with only one stick of ram at the time and did you try reset cmos
October 10, 2012 6:39:53 PM

I tried with one stick in all of the slots and I pushed the clear cmos button on the back of the motherboard for 15 seconds and still nothing. Like I said its only about 2 months old and was working on Monday night.
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
October 11, 2012 1:57:12 AM

do you have the led on that tell if the motherboard receive power
October 11, 2012 8:33:28 PM

Yes. The power phase leds are all lit.
a b B Homebuilt system
October 11, 2012 9:02:58 PM

check if the power cable are in correctly and by looking on msi found that this board got 3 pci-e slot did you all of then with the graphic card also this board use intel cpu and got dvi and vga connector on the back since this cpu got a hd 4000 graphic chipset i would try to cennect to that by removing the gtx 560
October 12, 2012 3:23:04 AM

Tried without the graphics card and nothing still. If you didn't know already, the monitor shows no sign of signal coming from the computer (the led on the monitor would change from orange to green). Also, its a really old monitor I got in 2006 so it only has only a vga in but I booted with the vga and it worked fine before.
a b B Homebuilt system
October 12, 2012 5:26:27 AM

do you have another cable for test between the monitor and the graphic card,it could be the monitor itself do you have something else for testing the video output like a tv or another monitor
!