Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is i3 or pentium better

Last response: in Windows 8
Share
January 30, 2013 1:44:03 PM

is an i3 processor better than an intel pentium dual core processor?

More about : pentium

January 30, 2013 1:46:56 PM

Yes, the i3s are a tier higher than the Pentiums of the same generation, though without you giving actual model numbers I can only speak in vague generalities. If you're comparing a Pentium from the most recent generation to an i3 from three years ago, then things may be different.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 30, 2013 1:51:18 PM

Molbert said:
is an i3 processor better than an intel pentium dual core processor?


Not necessarily. Depending on your workload, and the models you are considering, the Pentium Dual Core may be better. Remember that the i3 lacks hyperthreading. But for typical user workloads, I would say the i3 is likely 'better'.



m
0
l
January 30, 2013 1:57:19 PM

onichikun said:
Not necessarily. Depending on your workload, and the models you are considering, the Pentium Dual Core may be better. Remember that the i3 lacks hyperthreading. But for typical user workloads, I would say the i3 is likely 'better'.



unless there are certian i3 chips that don't then you are incorrect. i have an i3-330m that has hyperthreading tech
m
0
l
January 30, 2013 2:07:48 PM
January 30, 2013 2:08:52 PM

captaincharisma said:
unless there are certian i3 chips that don't then you are incorrect. i have an i3-330m that has hyperthreading tech


Ah right, I was thinking i5.
m
0
l
!