New PC 3 screen setup... 2 screens poor quality

ncasolo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I just built a brand new PC and I've connected it to my 3 existing monitors. The monitor that is connected to the active Mini-DP->DVI and the one that is connected to the DVI cable both have poor image quality. One of them has bad tearing on the upper left hand corner both of them have blinking lines through them. The one connect via DVI isn't really bad, but the one connected to the mini-DP is what I would consider bad. The best way to describe it is if you have an antenna TV signal and you have to adjust the rabbit ears to get a better picture... I'm not able to completely clear up the picture.

When I installed my OS and setup the computer it was connected to a single monitor with no issues.

Hardware
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard
Intel i5 3570K CPU (stock clock at this time)
HIS IceQ Turbo 7950 (stock clocks)
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 RAM
128GB Samsung SSD
Seasonic 620W Powersupply

Thanks in advance for all your help.

ncasolo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
6th try is a charm? I haven't configured the desktop yet but it is replicated on all 3 displays at the moment and they're all clean... I just started messing with what was plugged in where.

ncasolo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

Updated the graphics drivers to 12.8 and ran windows update. Finally pushed the right combination of buttons to get eyefinity setup. Still have problems with the center screen not displaying things clearly like a little bit of static in it. The left and right screens are now cleaned up. Also when I'm actually in game on iRacing (the racing sim I run) the issue with the center monitor seems to go away. So at least for now I can live with it even if it isn't exactly how it should be.

make sure if your using the onboard gpu that you have all the bios updates. some of the updates are for the cpu code and ram on a lot of these new z77 mb. also make sure you install the newest intel chipset drivers for the mb chipset. also on intel web page is newer drivers for the cpu gpu drivers. in the bios set the gpu as the first boot device and the ipgpu as the second. your better off making one of the gpu monitors the main one and use the intel gpu for webbing and emails.

ncasolo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

I'm definitely not using the onboard GPU. I'm using the HIS IceQ Turbo 7950 referenced in the first post. Ultimately I'm using 3 screens for gaming hence needing eyefinity to work properly.

TRENDING THREADS