UPDATE: Web-Grognards, 30th January 2005

Archived from groups: rec.games.board,alt.games.wargames,uk.games.board (More info?)

Hi,

The Grognards Challenge: Paul Poon (paulpoon@348.sympatico.ca) was
the first to guess 'Pearl Harbor' (UGG). A new Challenge awaits.

A list of new links and files on Web-Grognards follows. For this
list follow the 'Whats New' link from the Web-Grognards home page:-

http://grognard.com

or go direct to:-

http://grognard.com/20050130.html

NEW LINKS

Bonaparte at Marengo (Simmons Games) - website
Bloody April (SPI) - replay (PDF file)
Glider Pit Gladiators (Joe Scoleri) - complete game
RSS feeds (boardgame related)
Simmons Games - website
Victoria Cross (Worthington Games) - official rules/Q&A/LOS table

NEW FILES

7 Ages (ADG) - review
Blood and Iron, Command#21 (XTR) - review
Empires of the Middle Ages (SPI/DG) - card generator (Excel file),
replays
Fear God and Dread Nought (Clash of Arms) - replay
Flashpoint Germany (Matrix, computer game) - review and replay
Napoleon (Gamma Two Games/Avalon Hill/Columbia Games) - replays
Pax Britannica (VG) - income and VP calculator (Excel file)
Charles S. Roberts Award Hall of Fame - updated page
Svea Rike (Casper, computer game) - replay
War in the Pacific (Matrix, computer game) - replay

Alan Poulter
grognard@grognard.com

Alan Poulter wrote:

> NEW FILES
>
> 7 Ages (ADG) - review
> Blood and Iron, Command#21 (XTR) - review
> Empires of the Middle Ages (SPI/DG) - card generator (Excel file),
> replays
> Fear God and Dread Nought (Clash of Arms) - replay
> Flashpoint Germany (Matrix, computer game) - review and replay
> Napoleon (Gamma Two Games/Avalon Hill/Columbia Games) - replays
> Pax Britannica (VG) - income and VP calculator (Excel file)
> Charles S. Roberts Award Hall of Fame - updated page
> Svea Rike (Casper, computer game) - replay

Thanks for the regular Grognard updates! Although I never participate in
the quiz (not enough of a wargamer), I appreciate the occasional reviews
and replays. Just one question:
Svea Rike is originally a board game. The replay sounds as of they used
the board game, too, but you refer to it as a computer game. Is there a
PC version of Svea Rike out there?
Cheers,
Michael

Archived from groups: rec.games.board,alt.games.wargames,uk.games.board (More info?)

Michael Abramowski <michael.abramowsky@nokia.com> wrote in

> Alan Poulter wrote:
>> NEW FILES
>>
>> Svea Rike (Casper, computer game) - replay
>
> Thanks for the regular Grognard updates! Although I never participate in
> the quiz (not enough of a wargamer), I appreciate the occasional reviews
> and replays. Just one question:
> Svea Rike is originally a board game. The replay sounds as of they used
> the board game, too,

The replay was of the board game version. My mistake was adding the
link to the replay against the wrong game :-( It will be fixed asap.

> but you refer to it as a computer game. Is there a
> PC version of Svea Rike out there?

According to:

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/othertitles.asp

there is.