Sign in with
Your question

6 screen monitor dilemma

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 17, 2012 11:24:14 PM

Hello guys, so I bought a 2 7970 direct cu II top.
now my problem is i dont know how to make it run in 6 monitors. each card has 4 display port and 2 dvi. anyone how to setup this? should I put all ports in one card only? do i mix up dvi and dp?

More about : screen monitor dilemma

a b C Monitor
August 17, 2012 11:44:31 PM

you can mix and match if you want. You just have to be sure that after the 2nd monitor, all monitors using a display port/mini display port MUST EITHER USE a display port to display port monitor OR an active display port to DVI convertor, which is sold seperately.
August 17, 2012 11:50:33 PM

dudewitbow said:
you can mix and match if you want. You just have to be sure that after the 2nd monitor, all monitors using a display port/mini display port MUST EITHER USE a display port to display port monitor OR an active display port to DVI convertor, which is sold seperately.

I have the MD230x6 from samsung.
All the monitors have display port (not mini) and dvi.

do i use one card only? or mix them up from the top card and bottom card.
Related resources
a b C Monitor
August 18, 2012 12:07:39 AM

Strawverry said:
I have the MD230x6 from samsung.
All the monitors have display port (not mini) and dvi.

do i use one card only? or mix them up from the top card and bottom card.

I dont think it matters which card you use in a crossfire setup.
August 18, 2012 1:12:19 AM

dudewitbow said:
I dont think it matters which card you use in a crossfire setup.

Thanks a lot! :) 

I found my answer here:

Can I run AMD Eyefinity technology with AMD CrossFire™ technology?
Any AMD Eyefinity technology configuration that works with a single graphics card will work with AMD CrossFire™ technology, however all monitors must connect to the primary graphics card. In most systems, this will be the GPU installed closest to the CPU. This is true for both AMD Radeon™ graphics and AMD FirePro™ professional graphics products.
a b C Monitor
August 18, 2012 1:17:15 AM

reading comments on this using crossfire limits it to 3 screens in eyefinity mode.
!