6 screen monitor dilemma

Hello guys, so I bought a 2 7970 direct cu II top.
now my problem is i dont know how to make it run in 6 monitors. each card has 4 display port and 2 dvi. anyone how to setup this? should I put all ports in one card only? do i mix up dvi and dp?
5 answers Last reply
More about screen monitor dilemma
  1. you can mix and match if you want. You just have to be sure that after the 2nd monitor, all monitors using a display port/mini display port MUST EITHER USE a display port to display port monitor OR an active display port to DVI convertor, which is sold seperately.
  2. dudewitbow said:
    you can mix and match if you want. You just have to be sure that after the 2nd monitor, all monitors using a display port/mini display port MUST EITHER USE a display port to display port monitor OR an active display port to DVI convertor, which is sold seperately.

I have the MD230x6 from samsung.
    All the monitors have display port (not mini) and dvi.

do i use one card only? or mix them up from the top card and bottom card.
  3. Strawverry said:
    I have the MD230x6 from samsung.
    All the monitors have display port (not mini) and dvi.

do i use one card only? or mix them up from the top card and bottom card.

I dont think it matters which card you use in a crossfire setup.
  4. dudewitbow said:
    I dont think it matters which card you use in a crossfire setup.

Thanks a lot! :)

I found my answer here:

Can I run AMD Eyefinity technology with AMD CrossFire™ technology?
    Any AMD Eyefinity technology configuration that works with a single graphics card will work with AMD CrossFire™ technology, however all monitors must connect to the primary graphics card. In most systems, this will be the GPU installed closest to the CPU. This is true for both AMD Radeon™ graphics and AMD FirePro™ professional graphics products.
  5. reading comments on this using crossfire limits it to 3 screens in eyefinity mode.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon DVI Monitors Graphics