Netgear N600 DGND3700 Problems

TRAT513

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
I recently bought a Netgear N600 DGND3700 to replace my old aged 2Wire modem router. I connected it up no problem, but when it came to connect to the internet, It didn't connect. The 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies are working, the LED's being green and blue, the DSL LED's being green, but when it comes to the internet LED; It's red. Everything else seems to be working. When I changed it back to the 2Wire modem router, the internet could connect well and didn't have a problem connecting both DSL and Internet. What haven't I done, or done right?

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Have you filled the necessary bits out on your modem's setup page?

On the Basic Settings page:
Encapsulation (usually PPPoE)
Login
Password

On the ADSL Settings page:
Multiplexing method - LLC Based if it's PPPoE, VC for PPPoA
VPI - 8
VCI - 35

Once that's done go to Router Status. Under the Modem heading make sure it has an upstream and downstream connection.

TRAT513

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Yeah, thanks, I did that before and it didn't work. Then today I reseted it to factory defaults and entered all of the details and the ones that you told me to. And it worked and connected to the internet.. haha :S Thanks :)

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009

No worries :)
Glad you managed to get it working! I know very well how annoying it can be not being able to get on the net. So close yet so far away some times...