2012 gaming rig

Hello, I'm looking to make my own gaming computer and want to know what parts are the best for one. I am very new to this and this will be my first gaming rig I've ever made.

Budget Range: 2500$ (willing to go over)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, movies, surfing

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.ca

Parts Preferences: Intel, Nvidia

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes, if its within budget

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 OR 1920x1200

Computer Case: Good looking case NZXT, Thermaltake something like that

Additional Comments: Again I am new at this and just I need some info on what you guys think is the best for a gaming rig. Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about 2012 gaming
  1. Out of the two builds, in gaming performance, generally the two 7970 GHZ will perform better, as well as having better overclocking abilities. I would recommend the 7970 GHZ Crossfire, as it is the cheapest, and has the better gaming performance overall in my opinion. I would also recommend getting another two XL2420T's LATER to have best overall experience in games, as currently two 7970's is SUPREME overkill on a single 1080p monitor. Enjoy :)
  2. You can always drop down the motherboard $100 to an Asrock Z77, drop the CPU cooler to a Hyper 212, and then also drop the SSD to get one more monitor, which would be pointless imo. With this build, and a preference of 1080p, you need at least 120hz. Otherwise you can easily go for 3 1080p 60hz monitors.
  3. I was going to pick a 2560x1440, no doubt, but if you see under monitor resolution, he says he wants 1920x1080 or 1920x1200. I would've picked it if he wanted it, however a single 7970 is not going to do that well at 2560x1440 in future games, especially the upcoming Crysis 3.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Computer Systems Product