Need Help Building a rig please

Hello guys! I need some help in decision making here. I'm getting rid of my old rig

cpu: Phenom II x4 B55 AM3 @ 3.2 Ghz (unlocked)
cooler: deepcool iceberg
proMobo: Am3 Asus M4A88T - M
GPU: Sapphire HD7770 Ghz ed
Memory: 4gig G skil ripjaws DDR3 1333 CL9
HD: WD 500GB caviar blue
psu:HEC raptor 500w
atx: aerocool PGS VS4

Im going for an i3-2120.. now my problem is what board will I choose. here are my options:

lga1155 Asrock B75M DGS
or
lga1155 Asrock H77 Pro4 MVP

I'm not going to overclock or even SLi/xfire... I just need to decide which board i will buy
10 answers Last reply
More about need building please
  1. Both boards are great and will work fine. If money doesn't matter then go with the lga1155 Asrock H77 Pro4 MVP.
  2. tnx!
  3. help me also to determine their difference in terms of their spec
  4. Well for one thing, the B75 you chose is microATX.
    It's also a budget board, very limited on features. Just get the H77.

Also, the i3 is better than the Phenom, yes. Though it's not really much of an upgrade.
  5. the b and h version are made for the lock cpu. there not made for over clocking. the z chipset are.
  6. You've got a Phenom II X4 and youre "upgrading" to a Core i3?!?!? Seriosuly?
    In the best case scenario you'll increaase your FPS by 10%.But most likely you'll leave it the same and sacrifice a lot of multithreaded performance and money.
    Just... dont do it.
  7. Kamen_BG said:
    You've got a Phenom II X4 and youre "upgrading" to a Core i3?!?!? Seriosuly?
    In the best case scenario you'll increaase your FPS by 10%.But most likely you'll leave it the same and sacrifice a lot of multithreaded performance and money.
    Just... dont do it.

so do you think I should go for a i5 ivy then?
  8. Quote:
    yes, the i3 2120 WILL perform SLIGHTLY better but it is a HUGE waste of cash. I would wait for haswell/piledriver ATLEAST. However if you NEED to upgrade now (i dont see why your system looks fine albeit with a below average cpu) ATLEAST get an i5 3570 (non k since you arent going to overclock)

I'm also waiting for the pile driver :) the reason i'm buying a rig is because I'm selling my old one. hmmm makes me think though...
    I'll just stick with my laptop till the pile driver will be out :)
  9. If you're gonna get a locked CPU anyway, you're better off getting an i5-3450 or 3470 than wasting tens of dollars for 0.1-0.3 Ghz. The Turbo Boost gets them all closer.
  10. Best answer selected by blackblurry.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems