Sign in with
Your question

Advice for Upgrading Needed

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 23, 2013 1:12:29 AM

Hey All! I was hoping to solict some advice on upgrading my rig. What I'm really wondering is if I'll see a noticable improvement by upgrading. I've listed my current specs and also what I'm looking to upgrade to. I mainly use my rig for gaming, and internet and about the most intense software package I run is Office 2013.

Cost is not an issue though I am aware that I could easily buy components that are well above what I'll ever use. Having said that, I like to future proof my rigs as much as possible (if that is really even possible with tech). I've been running my latest CPU for about 5 years now.

Windows 7 64 bit OS

CURRENT _____________________________________________UPGRADE?

i7980X @ 3.33Ghz ---------------------------------------------> i7-3930K @ 3.2 Ghz
Asus P6X58D Premium ------------------------------------------>Asus p9X79 Delux
24 GB Corsair Dominator 1333 Tripple Channel DDR3 -------->32 GB G.Skill Trident X DDR3 2400
Galaxy GTX 670 x 2 (SLI)
250 GB Samsung 840 SSD - (Boot)
256 GB Samsung 830 SSD
Corsair 1000 Watt PSU
Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler ----------------------------------------> Cooler Master Seidon 240M
Cooler Master Cosmos S

I don't have any problems running games at full settings at 1920 x 1080 and I only experiment with overclocking (mainly the GPU's) but I think I'm going to start tweaking the CPU and memory. I'm also on the fence about upgrading to Windows 8. Any advice that the community can give would appreciated.

Thanks.
a c 102 à CPUs
February 23, 2013 1:15:36 AM

You already have more than enough for gaming @ 1080 so I don't think the upgrade will make any noticeable difference.
m
l
!