Sign in with
Your question

Few newbie questions here plz help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 18, 2012 1:50:03 AM

start out by saying hi im new here and just need a simple? asked well a few months ago i got my comp built has an asus m4a88t-m le motherboard with built in ati radeon hd 4250 graphics and to be honest i play 1 online game and thats rune scape halfe the time its fine but wen it laggs it laggs hard even on lowest detail my question is wat would be a decent graphics card for lets say 100$ and under ive seen a few decent ones on ebay that are 3g and sum that are 1g the computer people around here are schisters and i dont wanna get ttaken advantage off plz help me

More about : newbie questions plz

a b U Graphics card
August 18, 2012 2:12:49 AM

Are you using the default settings for ram? By default it will use 256mb and can cause a limit in fps. Go into the java control panel > java > view. You can change how much memory java is allowed by adding into the runtime parameters something like "-xmx1024m" (no quotes) then hit ok, apply and close everything that uses java. Then try runescape again.
m
l
Related resources
a c 143 U Graphics card
August 18, 2012 2:16:06 AM

Never been one to trust EBay, so I'd recommend going from someone more reliable, like Newegg.

While any graphics card upgrade is first going to depend on what power supply you have installed, you may need to upgrade that prior to a graphics card upgrade. Still, I'd probably recomment this Sapphire Radeon HD6670 for $78 as a modest upgrade (assuming your current power supply is sufficient).

-Wolf sends
m
l
August 18, 2012 2:17:41 AM

ok my psu is a rocketfish 500watt my cpu is a amd anthlom iix3 3.2gzh and i have 8 gigs of ram bu tim running windows xp soits reading not even 4 gigs=( and trapper ill try that now
m
l
August 19, 2012 12:12:08 AM

so then wats the best bang for my buck at 100$ and under? if u could give me a top 3 to pick out of ? from wat i read my psu is big enough for most cards
m
l
a c 143 U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 1:20:41 AM

My original recommendation stands.

-Wolf sends
m
l
August 19, 2012 1:58:35 AM

urmomsmin3 said:
ok my psu is a rocketfish 500watt my cpu is a amd anthlom iix3 3.2gzh and i have 8 gigs of ram bu tim running windows xp soits reading not even 4 gigs=( and trapper ill try that now

The reason windows isn't recognizing the full 8 gigs is because its a 32 bit os, you need to get a 64 bit version. and btw, runescape specs are so low, that you should be able to run that game with integrated graphics.
m
l
August 19, 2012 7:56:39 PM

i noe it should but it dosent its lag fest and i never under stood y thats y im upgrading it and im getting windows 7 64bit put on the guy wants 140 to do it tho is that reasonable?
m
l
a c 143 U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 9:22:18 PM

If that includes the OS itself, the installation disc, and installing all of your old programs, then yes. $140 is a good price. If it only includes the OS and Install disc, then it's an ok price.

-Wolf sends
m
l
!